lowland substrate

vincent

Hi everyone,

In which substrate are you growing (successfully) your lowland Nepenthes?
For me, 30% peat moss, 10% charcoal, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite, 20% pine bark works well but I am thinking about changing and I would appreciate any other recipe that proved to work well.

Cheers

Vincent

Ummm, I have no idea about the brand, cuz I buy quite cheap those stuff online from large company that deal only with coco products here in Bulgaria. All I know is that they deal with Sri Lanka and import all from them.

Nope, I don't rince anything and I use straight. All products are washed already, so no salt in them if u mean that.

However, indeed some coco products and different brands contains salt in them because they wash them with sea water, so I would be careful...

The coco peat.

1396897.jpeg

The husks.

image07.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks pmatil.

At the moment, I decided to go with the following:

20% peat moss, 20% perlite, 30% coco husk, 20% coco peat (ugro, recommended by some friends), 10% dead sphagnum

I like to have some peat, to acidify the medium, but I try to minimize its use based on the ecological problems associated with the "production". I guess 20% is enought to buffer the pH.

I'll post the results in the next months (hum, if I don't forget...)

Edited by vincent