A few pet pics

Muel

That's a lot of mantids  :give_heart: I used to keep a few different fish tanks too. The last lot were all Walstad method natural tanks but when I was younger I had community tanks but they were a bit like concentration camps for fish as I was a lot less patient back then! I really want to have a nice big planted tank again but when you move around a lot it's a nightmare for keeping anything big  :cray:

• 1 month later...

Nice beasts, that tokay really does look grumpy!, they always are from what I remember but have amazing colours.

What species is the snake?, nice markings..

I had a royal Python and a 4ft iguana amongst other beasts, also jungle nymphs, spectre's leaf insects, giant green day geckos,

Ah nice I do like day geckos. I think after my finaly tokay dies I'll stick to a pet that doesn't require livefood. Tokays are grumpy but defo handleable, you just don't have to make them feel restricted or really stroke them unless you want a bite lol/ The snakes were puff adders.

That was why I ended up with the iguana, predominantly vegetarian as adults so I didn't have the arse ache of the live foods. You had a puff adder as a pet?.

There was a guy near me who had 2 crocodiles confiscated from him, he'd turned a room in his bungalow into a pond for them !

Yeah live food sucks, so much easier if you can just either buy your veg from the supermarket or just get a freezer full of frozen food for them. Yeah I had 2, they were quality but I couldn't keep them due to moving house. Moving home regularly doesn't mix well with hobbies like growing cps and keeping strange pets!

Lovely looking beasts indeed but I wouldn't have the confidence to keep venomous snakes. Do you hold a licence or were they " undeclared "?.

They are usually pretty grumpy snakes from what I read, not a good combination.

I've moved 4 times in last 2 years, fish tanks, pets, plants etc etc, it isn't much fun.

Hoping to stay put for a while now at least...

Yeah licenses are only valid at the address you get them for so moving house would mean applying loads of times and the councils make it extremely expensive and awkward to do. They were very grumpy  :laugh2:  :laugh2: You really need training to safely work with them.  Similar to me then with the moving; I've decided no more aquariums or pets until I actually buy a house. Also I have to be really selective about what plants I buy too :(

Edited by Muel