Wistubas Germany

I´m sorry I have to say that,but you really should have asked about the growing-conditions for helis BEFORE placing it on the windowsill without providing the conditions helis need. This plant definitely is still alive,but it really looks bad.

Esp.juvenile helis are very sensitive,which means they should be grown under high humidity,low temps and high light-levels to prevent harm. After building their first adult pitcher they can be adapted to more "harsh" conditions CAREFULLY (step by step),but a juvenile plant needs optimal parameters.

Place it under high humidity,but provide good air-circulation and a high light-level. Don´t forget to watch the temps also.If you´re able to grow the plant that way it should recover slowly and build adult pitchers in a few month.

I´d also use a more open soil. Even if that you´re using is recommended by the seller,it looks too dense in my opinion and should be more coarse

Edited by lilacina

• 2 weeks later...

I have bagged the heli for the last few weeks and cut a hole at the top which I am gradually cutting bigger every week. Checked it today and it still has brown pitchers but there is good news.....a new pitcher has started to grow!

Edited by Deano82

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not claiming any kind of expertise, simply putting up a photo of my succesful, with this plant*, set up.

It lives as close to the light as I can let it, it is in a situation where it is in a 'tall pot' growing in raw sphag where any water just drops out of 'the pot'.

It gets fed with 'fish food' (freeze dried flys and bloodworm) and (diluted) Orchid feed syringed into the pitchers.

They (heli) seem to like a moist, well drained, cool root, plenty of light situation and some mild feeding. I'm more than happy to take better advice from others though.

(edit: as to messing about with the plant ... they are without doubt the most 'delicate' plants that I have ever come across. DO NOT TOUCH, where possible!) 

Top left is the most recent 'pitcher' (I get about one pitcher per week) ...

heli.jpg

* heli heterodoxa X nutans

Edited by Hud357
  • Like 1