There's ground down here somewhere......

FredG

You can use the root like a stolon.  If you position a new pot under the root, it will grow into it and form a new plant near ground level.

You can use the root like a stolon.  If you position a new pot under the root, it will grow into it and form a new plant near ground level.

I have 6 x 8" square pots of D regia already, I don't think I need more, besides, I'm waiting for it to start walking.

• Like 1

Or just cut that root into little sections and create lots more Regia it propagates really well from root cuttings

But I imagine everyone already knows that.

Obvious statements is there any other kind?

Never got small cutting like that to work, but I think my conditions are generally too warm for D. regia.

Works perfectly well on all sorts of D. binata though :)

Edited by Dave Evans

wow! I love drosera regia there so cool! I've never owned one and I would be interested in seeds since they're pretty hard to find now :( Please inform me if you are interested in selling some because they're so rare now. In fact I could do a trade with one of my nepenthes if you are interested. Its pretty small and I'm not exactly sure what  type but its healthy:) lol all I know is that its got brown pitchers with a spike on top.

• 7 months later...

I gave in to its demands and it's happily snuggled into a long tom of live sphagnum.

16935274673_497a7cf7f9_o.jpg

Oh and just a quick aside for those who think D.regia are very  difficult to transplant.

Spot which were re-potted a few weeks ago ;)

16759142284_930934cea2_o.jpg

Edited by FredG
  • Like 2

Hi Fred, what do you have these planted in? Would a 50/50 mix of peat perlite be okay? I'd love to own a D Regia, but never see any for sale, or if there is one, its sold out! At the moment, I don't have a green house - where would you suggest I place a Regia, would it live okay outside, or on a windowsill best? Any ideas of where I can find a Regia for sale, or even a packet of seeds? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...