Mike King's Open day, Saturday October 11th

Mike King

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that my 2nd open day is on Saturday October 11th at noon again.

The leucos in particular are putting up a lot of pitchers right now so should be a good display in time for the open day.

As usual, there will be plants for sale on the day and please feel free to bring any of your own for sale or swap.

Like last year, it is your chance to get divisions of rare material as I will be dividing to order on the day.

Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day so please let me know if you are coming so we can get enough food in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike - any chance of Eira and I coming 'early doors' as we'll be running the pub from noon onward. All the best, Steve

Hi Steve,

Of course! I will be about in the garden from 9.

See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for coming along. 25 to 30 people came and a collector from the USA turned up at 4.30 so the furthest most traveled visitor goes to him! I managed to acquire a few new plants so open days for me are great opprtunities for new material too.

Next year's dates are set and the peat free trial some of you have seen is being extended to key collection plants already so I hope to show more changes for next year.

the usa? fair play, says a lot about your collection mike if people are willing to travel that far, also says a lot about the state of sarracenia cultivation in the usa at the moment, youd think being their country of origin would lend some substance to what they are doing.

anyway on track l131 the most stunning leuco ever, and those Japanese imports are something else

my wishlist despite vast efforts on my part to reduce just seems to exponentially increase.

thanks again for the divisions and for letting me up Friday, we had a great day on my boys bday that Saturday so total win all round.

catch ya soon mr king will post you that list of heirloom stock plus the hybrids and plants im getting from that old school collector.

regards paul

• Like 2