Call for proposals EEE 2015 and representatives EEE committee

Call for proposals EEE 2015 & EEE representatives.

Proposals:

If you wish to host the next EEE you can submit a proposal to the EEE committee by e-mailing it to the president of the Dutch society at voorzitter[at]carnivora.nl.

Your proposal should be written in English and include:

• Your society or group and country
  • Contact details of your coordinator (minimum = name +e-mail address) and the same details of a back up contact.
  • The intended location of the event
  • The intended time of year
  • Will there be a conference dinner?
  • Will there be an option for a fieldtrip?
  • Your compliance with the basic EEE demands, which by its nature should include
  1. An exhibition of carnivorous plants
  2. Some form of sales/exchange event
  3. Lectures, to be delivered in English
  4. Distribution of information to attendees in English
  • Any information you might think will help the committee to reach a discussion.

Proposals should be in by November 1st 2014 as the committee intends to make her choice during the November month.

EEE representatives:

Not all countries and/or societies have submitted a representative for the EEE committee since our last call for said representatives. If you wish to submit someone, the EEE committee discusses topics by the use of a Face book page in English. In some later stage a website will become active. You can submit the contact details (e-mail and Face book name) of your intended representative also to voorzitter[at]carnivora.nl.

The EEE committee

• 2 months later...

I regret to inform everyone that absolutely NO offers were received to host an EEE in 2015 (or additional representatives of societies not yet represented in the committee).

The societies that at the moment seem to be strong enough have various reasons not to commit for 2015 but to prefer another year.

They are recovering from a previous event or preparing for another specific year (like the 2016 ICPS conference or a jubilee).

It would be a great pity to miss out on this event so one final call:

Who wants to have a go at the EEE 2015?

While we prefer the EEE to be a society event for obvious reasons, we are willing to consider other bids like gardens or people not (yet) organized in a society.

As it will be an EEE and our "brand" we will of course look into the offer if it matches the criteria of an EEE.

Think about show, lectures and sales but also travel and accommodation issues.

Should you want to make an offer you can send me a PM through this forum or e-mail:

voorzitter [at] carnivora [dot] nl

(notation to avid automated spam write all together and use the symbols for in between [ ] )

On behalf of the EEE committee,

Marcel

Hi

It will be a great pity if we do not have an EEE next year. This year's event in Padova was excellent.

The UK CPS is putting a bid together to host the 2016 ICPS conference in conjunction with Kew Gardens and would find it difficult to find the resources to host the EEE in 2015. It is normal practice not to have an EEE in the same year as the ICPS conference is held in Europe. So if we are successful in our bid there would not be another EEE until 2017.

I hope another society can find the time and resources to host it.

Best regards

Dennis Balsdon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

Eventually the EEE will take place this year at Lyon Botanical Garden, in centre-east France.

This event will be co-organized by two french societies: Dionée and Carnivorace, and the Botanical Garden of Lyon.

More information the next weeks...

The best,

Aurélien

• Like 5

Hi everybody,

Eventually the EEE will take place this year at Lyon Botanical Garden, in centre-east France.

This event will be co-organized by two french societies: Dionée and Carnivorace, and the Botanical Garden of Lyon.

More information the next weeks...

The best,

Aurélien

Yess :)

The weekend of the 18/19/20 September 2015

• Like 1

Hi everybody

I’m very proud to announce that after Nancy in 2013 the EEE will be back in France in 2015!

The EEE will be organized by Dionée, the French association of carnivorous plant amateurs, in partnership with the Botanical Garden of Lyon and the French forum Carnivorace.

The EEE 2015 will take place at the Botanical Garden of Lyon in the ‘Parc de la Tête d’Or’ from the 18th to 20th of September.

Lyon is a beautiful city within easy reach by plane, train or car and the ‘Parc de la Tête d’Or’ is a famous and most beautiful park. The park is near to the Part-Dieu Train Station, Lyon: a 20 minute walk or is easily reachable by subway. The Botanical Garden (located in the park) has a greenhouse dedicated to carnivorous plants and is home to a National Collection of Nepenthes!

As this event is late in the season, not all sellers and potential speakers might be able to come (some have told us that they can’t be there, like C. Klein or A. Selwyn). However, sellers like Cedric Carnivore’s, sarracenia.cz, carniplants.com, exotik.fr, and  Green jaws, have already told us that they will be present  and there will be lectures in English by Dieter Kadereit, François Mey, Holger & Anja Hennern (thanks to them).

More details later…

See you in Lyon!

Philippe Dabrowski, president of Dionée

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been to EEE events, but I will this year. How does it work for people who want to sell plants but who are not professionals (like me, you would have understood, I guess)? Is there usually a place where we can put plants on display for sale? Do we have to book for space in advance?

• 1 month later...

For information, I've been informed that non-professionals can not sell plants during this event.

Personally I think this is quite strange for an event called European Exhibition and Exchange...

Edited by vincent

• 1 month later...

For information, I've been informed that non-professionals can not sell plants during this event.

Personally I think this is quite strange for an event called European Exhibition and Exchange...

Vincent, that 'MAY' not be entirely true - but I could be wrong, knowing nothing about the organisation of this event.

I suspect, they mean that people can't just 'turn up' with a few plants to sell (like happens at some open days). But as a 'non-professional' you should be able to book and pay for a sales table.

But that would be the main issue - it obviously wouldn't be fair if some people are paying to be able to sell their plants, then others just turn up and do so for free.

Certainly that was the case in the UK a few years ago. I'm not a professional, but I paid the cost for 2 tables and was able to sell plants.

I guess it depends on how many 'spare' plants you have, as to whether it's worth it.

Hello,

I asked and got confirmation that only professional sellers will be able to sell during the event. We, "non-professionals" cannot book space to sell plants.

It's a shame, to my humble opinion, but that's the way it is.

in view of the fact that the official website only shows 6 sellers - we have decided that we are no longer going to bother going, which is a shame.

Hello Comrades,

Good news, organization for the next EEE in Lyon make good progress!

We just update the official website:

http://eee2015.dionee.org/index.php/en/

As you can see Carnivine, there's more than 6 sellers... We actually wait for some confirmations.

Hello,

I asked and got confirmation that only professional sellers will be able to sell during the event. We, "non-professionals" cannot book space to sell plants.

It's a shame, to my humble opinion, but that's the way it is.

Vincent, where did you heard that? That's a big debate in France, and some professionnal sellers didn't want non-professional sellers.

But as in Nancy two years ago, and as EVERY EEE, the aim is, indeed, "Exhibition and Exchange".

At no time EEE should restricted to professionnal sellers.

All the best,

Aurélien for EEE2015 commitee.

Edited by Aurélien
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I already booked my train and room :D

I have attended only the last EEE in Padua and it was a continuous trade and sell parade, I loved it and I'm sure the organizers won't let us down by forbidding this exciting part of the EEE.

Even without buying any tables, some people arranged to meet to trade/sell plants, even for large quantities :)

See you all in Lyon and keep up the good organizing work :)

Registration is open.

http://eee2015.dionee.org/index.php/en/inscription

Conference dinner registration will be another month...

Thanks Marcel ;)

We also close the registration for sellers today: two important sellers just confirmed their presence; David Svarc (Carnivoria EU) and Andreas Wistuba.

So we don't have any more place! It's now useless to contact us to sell some plants.

And as a remind, we don't accept sellers if they aren't properly registered before.

EEE is a lot of organization, and found place for eveybody is a challenge!

All the best, see you in Lyon,

Aurélien

• 1 month later...

I'll stay there for three days, should I buy three accesses per person?

Same question, if anyone from the organisation could answer. It's not so clear on the website...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the absence of answer. Don't worry, it's one access for the whole event.

Please remind that the access to the event is free, only access to the lectures is charged.

All the best,

Aurélien

Thanks for your answer anyway.

I was waiting for this answer and now, back from my vacation, the tickets for the visit of the collection are sold out  :(  :(  :(