Macau, China Drosera, Nepenthes, Utricularia

Hi Forbes,

On your  web page you say 

may not be the sort of exotic rarities apt to excite the botanical cognoscenti; nonetheless, observing them growing together on a rugged maritime hillside is not an everyday occasion for most plant nerds

The only Sarracenia that I have ever seen was S. minor that I found after some searching near a field margin in Florida. I was like a little boy; so excited to see it in the wild.

I have never seen wild Nepenthes so seeing these would be fantastic. It is a great looking location too. Thanks for sharing your photographs.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for posting an excellent post from a stunning location. Wow you found so many Nepenthes, I could only find a single plant while I was their although it was still a great thrill. See the post below.

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11855&hl=macau

Thanks for sharing.

Regards Neil

Nice to hear that the pictures are of interest.

Neil,

Do you recall where you found the Nepenthes? Judging by the sand, I'd say it was north of Hac Sa beach (the bus terminus) going towards the Westin hotel. This site is south of Hac Sa.

I'll have to check out Pokfulam Reservoir sometime; handy that it's so close to Central.