Some point to see pinguicula in Austria-Italy

Carlos Rohrbacher

Hi All.

I'll be on vacation in setember and will visit Innsbruck (Austria), then I'll go to Cortina de Ampezzo and Bolzano (Italy).

Do you recommend somewhere for easy access to photograph pinguicula?

Regards.

Carlos.

I have no particular locations for pinguicula in the alps, but I have found that if you drive into the alps on mountain roads you are bound to run in to some pinguicula growing on moist rock walls pretty often. They aren't very hard to spot and they are present in large numbers, so I would be shocked if you would not find any :lol: .

• Like 1

I looked up some photo's. Not my best ones, but you'll get an impression. In the right upper corner you can see a red P. alpina, but i didn't noticed then. I was just amazed about the fact that they were flowering in the end of august. Probably because of the snow.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/nl-nl/#A35yeZFhGwYhb8

Its funny btw. I always liked you're cp-travels and now, when you are going to Europe and the Alps i'm going to visit Mount Roraima.

• Like 1

Hi "sciabokho"

Beautiful images, I hope to find some plant on the roadside.

I've never seen pings habitat, after they'd like to see heliamphoras too (2015, perhaps).

A few days ago I saw other genres (utricularia, drosera, genlisea) here in Brazil.

Thanks again.

Carlos.

• Like 1