Sawtooth vs Bristletooth

Swerfer

Again an authenticity question concerning Sawtooth. I bought this plant back in 2010 from a respectable German grower, who labelled it “Sawtooth”.

Now with so many clones around, what is the difference between this Sawtooth and Bristle tooth?

Can you differentiate Sawtooth from Bristle tooth, leaving out Uk Sawtooth I and II?

Nowadays with “brutal shark”, doesn’t all these clones lookalike?

14670668877_97b1ed9ec9_b.jpgIMG_7389 by swerfer, on Flickr

14670471620_cde2d2881c_b.jpgIMG_7390 by swerfer, on Flickr

Sawtooth appeared before Bristletooth (at least in my experience and memory), and when Bristletooth appeared, it was said that it was even more "sawtoothy" (serrated) than Sawtooth. However, in my experience growing both Sawtooth and Bristletooth, that was not the case and they appear almost identical.

I almost stopped growing Bristletooth in preference to Sawtooth (because Sawtooth came before Bristletooth), but I decided to continue to grow both because Bristletooth's deep red trap color tended to be a little more purple (while Sawtooth was more orange) and Bristletooth seemed to produce deep color more readily or more often than Sawtooth.

I still grow both Sawtooth and Bristletooth, and although my original preference was for Sawtooth, I now slightly prefer Bristletooth to Sawtooth, although Bristletooth does not live up to its description of having more "teeth" than Sawtooth or being a more "extreme" version of Sawtooth.

Both are nice clones, although very similar. :smile:

Edited by FlytrapRanch

I think I am pretty sure what I have is an authentic sawtooth, because of its robust congregated crooked teeth.

Meaning more in relief width-like 3D saw teeth. Don’t even know if this sentence makes any sense to you.

Now I am looking for an authentic Bristle tooth for my growlist, to grow them next to each other.

My preference is a decent swap with an equal size Fused tooth.

Also see: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53712

Edited by Swerfer