A Great from Australia has passed away

snapperhead51

A good  place to  put this notice as well , sad to say  Phil Mann from Western Australia passed away yesterday after a long battle with illness, he will be  missed  ,his  knowledge  of  Cephalotus  is and was  more  than most could  know, have  the  privilege to be with  him of  ceph field tip for a week , you soon realize  his  amazing  knowledge of  there  habitat and they  ware about ,  and every  thing else about  them , that was not his  only  CP he knew much about  though ,a icon in AU cp's and  to most of  the world

RIP

John,

I was very sad to hear this news. Phil was one of the people who sparked my interest in this genus and I am certain that he will be missed by anyone who was able to read or hear about his field experience.

If you have any contact with his family please let them know that there are scattered people on the other side of the world who will miss him.

With best wishes,

Steve

I'm very sorry to hear that Phil Mann passed away. I had the pleasure of meeting him, a couple of years ago, when he came to the ICPS meeting in the US. Very nice fellow and super knowledgeable about the Cephalotus plant. If it wasn't for him, I would not have the plants I do today. Rest in peace my good friend. ~Charles

thanks all for your  words  he would  have  liked that I am sure, his Funeral is  held on  Monday  11th Aug 2014 in his home town of Harvey  Western Australia  reasonably close to his beloved Ceph  sites  ,   Richard Nunn  and  Greg Bourke   will be attending , have asked to send  respects to his family

John