A great from Australia has passed away

Sad to  say  Phil  Mann  from Western Australia ,  passed away yesterday from a  very bad infection complications after  some surgery, he fought a  long battle with heath for a  long time ,  he will be missed and will miss his  knowledge  of  Australian CP's  specially  Cephalotus, fortunately he passed some of  that to few   ,he was an Australian  Icon ,  for the early days of  AU introduction and cultivation of  CP's  in AU and  up till his  passing people still  craved his  knowledge.

RIP.

Very sad to hear. He very generously sent me some ceph cuttings in the early 90's which kick started my interest in that species. A big name in the field of carnivorous plants. 

bill

Sad news. I first met Phil at the Sidney ICPS conference a few years ago. I made a slight mess of organising my flights back to Sydney being a bit early back. Phil and Richard Nunn gave me a private viewing of Cephs in the field in Albany. Someone had stripped the plants from the cliffs at Coalmine Beach so Phil took me to some other locations. I enjoyed Phil's company and will regret not seeing him again.

Edited by David Ahrens

Phil s funeral is on  Monday  11th  of Aug  in Harvey  Western Australia  his home town  , not to far away from  the cephalotus  site he loved so much ,among the many other native cp's in WA he  found and  named  too  .

Edited by snapperhead51