N. x hookeriana and some recommendations please.

Azemiops

Here's my N. x hookeriana that I picked up several months ago, purchased from my local garden centre. This was my first pitcher plant, and it appears to be doing very - growing quickly and throwing out plenty of both large and small pitchers in the last couple of months.

84f1a1f3-10ca-4daa-a2de-70256cabeea8.jpg

Both of my Nepenthes (also have N.ventricosa) are growing on windowsills, and i'm wondering what other species tend to grow well in this sort of environment (i'm UK-based if that makes any difference).

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom, three that grow well for me on a window sill are: nep maxima, nep sanguinea and nep spatulata x robcantylei (bought from Hants Carnivorous Plants). I don't mist them or provide any additional lighting. Hope that helps.

I recommend N. truncata, N, fusca and N. bokorensis, I grow all of these on my windowsill maxima is another worth a try. if you can get truncata going then a robcantleyi, though expensive makes a fine, sturdy addition to any collection. it will keep soldiering on through fair weather and foul alike.

I recommend N. truncata, N, fusca and N. bokorensis, I grow all of these on my windowsill maxima is another worth a try. if you can get truncata going then a robcantleyi, though expensive makes a fine, sturdy addition to any collection. it will keep soldiering on through fair weather and foul alike.

Do you get much foul weather on your bedroom windowsill then Sam, sounds like the roof may need repairing mate ? :laugh2:

• Like 1

Do you get much foul weather on your bedroom windowsill then Sam, sounds like the roof may need repairing mate ? :laugh2:

with some of the storms I have been wondering if I'd take a lightning strike there  :wink:  but no, my room is right above the kitchen and it's usually the warmest in the house :D

Edited by 19Silverman93