Pinguicula elongata

Hello all,

Here are so pictures of Pinguicula elongata from june:

You can see the two types of carnivorous leaves, the third type being the scale surrounding the hibernaculum. Trichomes are also present on the back side of the leaves, but that's not really clear here, I will put better pictures later.

Edited by kisscool_38
  • Like 2

Thank you all!

Where do you grow it, in your altered wine-refrigerator?

No, I'm growing it outside.

Wow, congrats!! How difficult to cultivate are you finding this species? Do you know where your plants are from?

Quite easy in my conditions I guess, I'm not really doing anything special for it. It is from BCP, so the location should be "hills east of Bogota", although it was not written on the label Kamil sent me.

Hi Aymeric,

congratulations! These elongata look amazing. I've never tried to cultivate this species cause I thought it would be impossible to imitate it's habbitat conditions. If the plants look that wonderfull next year, I might try some ;)

I keep fingers crossed for good growth. Hopefully this species will really get widespread in cultivation soon.

Cheers Marcus

Thanks Marc and Daniel

How long do you grow these four plants already? Do you have more infos about your cultivation?? Especially how you deal with the two resting phases each year!?

I am growing it for about 10 months now. This pot is made of "moor substrate" (I'm not sure about the correct translation). I also have another pot made of peat with one plant but it is clearly not my best plant. But more interesting, my plants don't show 2 resting phases. I received them as buds last autumn, and started to grow for a few weeks (I guess because of changing conditions). They return to rest as bud through the winter and starting to grow again during spring, first emetting triangular leaves, then emitting the long leaves. But by now they are clearly not showing new signs of restin period.

• 1 year later...