Lab flytrap

I am slightly wary as their banner on the first page says "We Will not be held responsibile for any damage or contamination which may occur while in transit to you". That seems to imply that they will not replace/refund plants lost or damaged in transit so that is something to bear in mind.

Also if you look at the photos on the Nepenthes page, some show a large cluster of growing plantlets others a single growth point.

http://www.labflytrap.com/shopinvitro/index.php?nepenthes,14

The Cephalotus page implies that you get a large cluster of plantlets. I wonder if that is what is actually delivered?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Werds,

I am not aware of any off hand but I have not bought CPs in tissue culture for a long time. The last time I checked this year I was looking at some from Australia but the cost of the paperwork was prohibitive.

I am cautious but not saying that I would not order from Labflytrap. I expect that it would be attractive to folk who can only import tissue culture plants de to Phytosanitary limitations or someone who wants to try multiplication of plants and is looking for a starter culture.

It may well be run by a member here (yourself?) and I would wish them all possible success with the venture.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Werds,

I am not aware of any off hand but I have not bought CPs in tissue culture for a long time. The last time I checked this year I was looking at some from Australia but the cost of the paperwork was prohibitive.

I am cautious but not saying that I would not order from Labflytrap. I expect that it would be attractive to folk who can only import tissue culture plants de to Phytosanitary limitations or someone who wants to try multiplication of plants and is looking for a starter culture.

It may well be run by a member here (yourself?) and I would wish them all possible success with the venture.

Cheers,

Steve

It´s just for experiment, i have interest in this technique and i don´t have any thoughts of starting to produce a giant production of cp´s to get some money.

Of course tissue culture have some disadvantages.

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is old but I just received an order from this seller.

For €25 (not including P&P) I ordered a collection consisting of young plants... 

Dionaea muscipula

Nepenthes hookeriana

Heliamphora minor

Cephalotus follicularis

Drosera madagascariensis

Drosera prolifera

Darlingtonia californica

All arrived bare-root yesterday in full health and well packaged(based on how none were even wilted). And to my surprise I was sent two of most things.

Those that didn't arrive in twos were the VFT of which he sent FIVE! They are of two unnamed cultivars(I suspect dentate and red/green dragon)

The cephalotus and darlingtonia were both large clusters of young plants.

In the end the only thing that was as I expected (that didn't surpass expectation by a mile) was the nepenthes and it is still a lovely healthy little plant.

Dealing with Michal Kouba (the owner) was also very good, he was very helpful and let me tweak the "Basic collection" that is listed on his site to chose plants that I preferred.

So from my dealing with this seller I would say that in my experience they are quite good.

• Like 1

I purchased a D. Regia tissue culture from here: http://www.czplants.com/category/tissue-culture/43 it had a single plant in the tube. They are real good at answering emailed questions quickly. When I asked about how many plants in a tube they said it depended on the plant type, some come with multiple plants, some only one. Shipping was pretty fast got it within 2-3 weeks of ordering and that was with the 2 week prep time. He sends registered so you got to sign at the door or make a trip to the post office for pickup.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by bugfood

• 2 months later...

Hi Niall!

Do you have a picture of the products you received? Did you receive clear instructions? How is the acclimation doing?

Thanks!

Hi Niall!

Do you have a picture of the products you received? Did you receive clear instructions? How is the acclimation doing?

Thanks!

I don't have many photographs of when I received them but if you want I can send some of all the plants now?

There wasn't any instructions or a huge effort on an acclimation process, the plants I got were just potted up and placed in a terrarium.

They're all doing well, the cephalotus lost all it's pitchers at first but I'm told that's normal for most re-pots of cephs, but since then it has grown loads of new ones and even a new growth point. All the other plants(N.Hookeriana, D.Prolifera, D.Madagascariensis, H.Minor, Cobra Lily and an unknown VFT) are producing new leaves as often as they all should.