Sign in to follow this  
Ian_P

N. Ventrata, finally some new pitchers!

Hi all,

My N. Ventrata has finally started to form some new pitchers for the first time in about 2 years. The flats been undergoing some major modernization work, so the whole block has been covered in scaffolding and netting, plus the new windows have had plastic film covering them. So I think the main problem has been the lack of light.

Now the netting has been removed, the new pitchers have started to form, but the first adult pitcher has formed without a lid for some reason.

The new juvenile pitchers, which are coming from some new growth points seem to be forming ok.

Here are some pictures I took with my phones camera.

Adult pitcher, without lid.

IMAG0462.jpg

Juvenile pitchers.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

Nice 1, mine hangs happily in the conservatory chucking out traps, also I have new growths in the media possibly side shoots (Don't know if they divide naturally?) but ill do some investigating soon. both mine were touching roof so ive done some experimental cuttings to see what happens. either they will die or ill have another 4 plants lol

• Like 1

I've always had no luck getting this bloody 'easy to grow' garden centre plant to grow decent pitchers. All other Neps I have - no problems at all. Just this one, can't get anything but small juvenile pitchers on it...i've taken cuttings and put into different media, different degrees of light/shade, different heating, different watering - still nothing.

• Like 2

I bought mine at Bunnings, like home depot warehouse here in AUS early May 14' an dam its only just pulled out 1 leaf. I did everything I could think of acclimatising the plant. Maybe I should have use Peat/Perlite/Pine Bark mix that's what it was originally growing in. I thought it was a easy plant to grow. Last resort I coffee fert as well as foiler fert with seasol will see how it goes in the next couple of months I guess another issue was it was coming into Winter so growth is quiet slow.

• Like 1

Coming on nicely.

IMAG0484.jpg

• Like 1

I've always had no luck getting this bloody 'easy to grow' garden centre plant to grow decent pitchers. All other Neps I have - no problems at all. Just this one, can't get anything but small juvenile pitchers on it...i've taken cuttings and put into different media, different degrees of light/shade, different heating, different watering - still nothing.

A poor clone?