Hello Everyone,

I am doing some research on CPs native to the island of Mauritius. I have tried internet searches but have not found a site that is really helpful (what I would really like is just a list). I know there is a book on the Cps of Mauritius and some other world guides, but unfortunately I am unable to find these at my libraries.

I was hoping that someone on this forum may be able to recommend a site or be able to share some species names.

:) Liz

Apparently Utricularia stellaris occurs there; it is a widespread species also occurring in Africa, Asia, Madagascar and the Comoros Is.

As far as I know there are no Drosera there; and there are certainly no Nepenthes.

So it may be the only carnivorous plant there unless any other Utricularia occur there.

LeeB.

Carnivorous plants of Mauritius and Seychelles : a field guide and cultural notes to the indigenous and exotic species / Colin H. Clayton

http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/3646857

This has ISBN and other data which might help the search. Other option:

Triifid park, which is a very good nursery in Australia (Colin's daughter is now running it) sells is for 50 AUD including overseas shipping. That's about 47 USD.

Thank you Marcel. I have run across that book in my searches. I am still mulling over purchasing a copy. I may just have to do so. My research is for a painting so I don't need anything really academic, I just need names and good pictures. My initial plan was to find species names from online sources and then do image searches, but that proved more difficult than I thought it would be. At least now I know where I can purchase the book if need be. Thank you again for the info.