New to this :-s

I got some seeds a while ago now.. Fridge them for 6 weeks and planted.. It's been 4 week (on mon I think)..

And well am not sure what I am looking for..lol

I have loads of grass like stuff growing in them.. Is this a weed ?

Also do I remove it or just leave it in there (am worried about messing with the soil if I remove them roots and all)

I can see afew tiny green things on the surface is this what I am looking for ?

Also them being covered with ziplock bags.. When do I think about removing the ziplocks ? How old Ect ? Or how big do they need to be Ect...

Noob questions I know.. But well am a noob :-p

Matt

Ok well the grass like stuff... it depends what compost you are using. If it contains Moorland Gold then it is might be grass.

The sundews may be small but will quite quickly start producing mini sticky leaves with visible dew glands.

The VFT will start as pairs of leaves (without traps) and sometimes carry up the small black seed case.

I wouldn't start weeding yet. Carry on being patient!

Cheers,

Steve

You should be able to tell the difference between the seeds and grass even if its only by the speed that the grass grows (it will grow a lot quicker). If you didnt cover the seeds they should be comijng through any time now the sundews, as Steve says will start out as tiny green 'blobs' but get small adult leaves quickly.

I would remove the ziplock bags as the still humid air increases the risk of mould, the necessaruy humidity around the plants will be kept by evaporation from the soil, so as long as they are standing in a little water they will be fine.

Good luck

Cheers

Steve

They are in trays :-)

But I have to remove it over a week or 2 don't I to avoid sudden humidity changes ?

I have been out there "weeding" today..lol I will take a pic when I can of what I think may be drosera.. Can't see much in the vft ones yet though...

Matt

Okay anyone know over what period you usually use to remove the bag (and stabilise the humidity levels) I would prefer not having the bags if it is possible, easier to keep an eye on them Ect...

Or should they remain bagged atm ?

I keep meaning to take pics..lol I think I can see one "spikey leaf thing" on some but they are still like dots...lol

Matt