My growing collection

Well I only recently started keeping cp's (around two weeks ago) but have really caught the bug! and thanks to two lovely people on here my collection has grown a lot in a short time! So would like to say thank you all for the advice iv had up to yet (expect more questions from me) and a big thank you to Ceri and Gary for my new plants!

Firstly the Venus fly traps

Big mouth

DSCF5561_zpse278a81a.jpg

South West Giant

AE4101DE-BF1F-41FB-8A2B-45E2F70AC139_zps

All Green Giant

DSCF5566_zps821599d6.jpg

Sawtooth

DSCF5570_zpsec26f6bb.jpg

Akai ryu (my first fly trap)

DSCF5581_zps4bd69a15.jpg 

Adam

Well I am in the process of buying a new house which comes with a green house the sale should be complete in the next couple of months :) so the plan was to move them into there for the winter. does that sound like a good plan? still new so have a lot to learn! also should I get a small heater for it or is unheated ok?

Adam

You're a lucky man to get a bonus greenhouse with a new house - must be very exciting for you. 

The plants will be much happier outside so that they can rest over winter. It also gives you some windowsill space (for more plants  :laugh1: )

In regards to heating, I currently have a polytunnel which has been unheated since I got it and for the most part I've been fine. I'm getting a greenhouse shortly and was considering some heating myself in order to keep it above freezing but I'm not sure! Sorry I can't help you very much with that one.

• Like 1

Great plants Adam, 

I grew on a windowsill till this year util march. now there all much happier in the greenhouse. I am worried about the temperature drop in winter will it be too much. going to keep an eye on it and add heating if it seems to be getting below freezing.

I would bring the D. capensis and binata in over Winter, but the rest will be fine in your g/h. That is if the temperature doesn't fall to -15C like it did a few years ago. My capensis and binata survive quite well on the windowsill over Winter.

Just made a new thread about that before I saw your reply! whoops lol whats the best thing to do if it does drop that cold? could I line the greenhouse with bubble wrap or would it be best to get a small heater just incase?

Stunning plants!

Thank you! 

You're a lucky man to get a bonus greenhouse with a new house - must be very exciting for you. 

The plants will be much happier outside so that they can rest over winter. It also gives you some windowsill space (for more plants  :laugh1: )

In regards to heating, I currently have a polytunnel which has been unheated since I got it and for the most part I've been fine. I'm getting a greenhouse shortly and was considering some heating myself in order to keep it above freezing but I'm not sure! Sorry I can't help you very much with that one.

Haha indeed tho don't tell the other half already have a few plants eyed up  :laugh2:

I would bring the D. capensis and binata in over Winter, but the rest will be fine in your g/h. That is if the temperature doesn't fall to -15C like it did a few years ago. My capensis and binata survive quite well on the windowsill over Winter.

Yeah That is my plan with them for winter tho my Binata is currently growing in with my S. purpurea so may replant a few of them to grow next year as will be leaving the purpurea in the greenhouse.

Great plants Adam, 

I grew on a windowsill till this year util march. now there all much happier in the greenhouse. I am worried about the temperature drop in winter will it be too much. going to keep an eye on it and add heating if it seems to be getting below freezing.

Yeah that seems to be the best plan, just need to watch out for those extra cold spells!!!!!

arnaudcarni thank you it is still doing well can see some new pitchers forming :)

Had the plants out to enjoy some Sun and catch some food also have a new addition and also spotted another freebie in one of my tubs :)

Food :)

IMAG0022_1_zpsfjc1vodr.jpg

New addition

IMAG0019_1_zpscyscuih9.jpg

And the freebie i spotted today

IMAG0016_1_zps08yxljq9.jpg