Sign in to follow this  
Lemsip

Hi from Lancashire

Hi, just thought I'd post a introduction. Been growing the odd carnivous plant for a few years now I had a old wheelbarrow as a mini bog garden with plants I got from garden centres and eBay when I lived in Cumbria. Recently moved to Lancashire now taking it a lot more seriously got some proper plants from hantsflytrap.com and a couple of eBay growing in a green house since February, was planning on making a bog garden start of next year but the father in law is giving me a Belfast sink next week so might go that route first. Probably too late in the year to plant them in it now right? Will just have to wait I guess.

Thanks

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lemsip

Hi Craig, welcome to CPUK, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions to learn how to do things right from the beginning.  Re. the mini bog in the sink, there's no harm in doing it now, especially if you're buying your plants potted from Matt at Hantsflytrap or some others that do potted.  Even if you were planting bare root plants now they would only be set back a little.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  The most important thing with the bog is to make sure that the sand you use is truly lime free (regardless of if it says it on the bag), always test it with acid and boiling water. Spoonful of sand in a bowl, spoonful of citric acid. Add a splash of boiling water. Watch for the fizz!  Here's a link to an appropriate thread http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50270&hl

Hi Craig ,

A newbie from Sunny Oldham here, so I may well pick your brains about the Belfast sink project as you go along, good luck with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk