Carnivorous Plant Request?

Hello I'm looking to grow a DC XL Venus Fly trap, but I can't find it for sale anywhere in the UK.

Does anyone have one in there private collection they would be willing to sell? Even if its only seed I would be very grateful!

I'm sure someone here must have?

I do apologise to the moderators if this is in the wrong section. But I wanted it to get the most exposure.

In case you are not aware, one thing to remember is that seed from the mentioned plant will not produce an identical plant, so will not be a true DC XL even if it looks he same.

Thanks for the replies guys, knew I could count on this place! The biggest traps on my stardard Venus fly trap is just over 2.5cm! So I am happy with that!

• 2 weeks later...

In case you are not aware, one thing to remember is that seed from the mentioned plant will not produce an identical plant, so will not be a true DC XL even if it looks he same.

Hmm, really? This is news to me. I've been collecting the seeds from various plants over the years, including B52, South West Giant, Red Form, Big Mouth etc. So will the seeds just grow up to be standard venus flytraps?

Hmm, really? This is news to me. I've been collecting the seeds from various plants over the years, including B52, South West Giant, Red Form, Big Mouth etc. So will the seeds just grow up to be standard venus flytraps?
They won't necessarily be standard but a B52 is one specific plant that had been cloned and distributed, same as other named vfts, you can have a B52 x B52 but it won't be a B52 (same with big mouth etc) Edited by SFLguy

Quite right. NEVER label seedlings from any clone the same as the parent.  Remember we're not talking individual typical plants here, we're talking about clones which are only reproduced asexually to be identical to the original.

when a pollen grain joins with an ovum to make a seed, even when the pollen and egg are from the same plant, genes can get shuffled around so the genetic blue print is slightly different from the parent even if they physically look the same.

Because the genetic blue print is slightly different then it cannot be an identical plant and so should not be named as such