2014 Largest Dionaea Trap Competition.

Trev

2014 Largest Dionaea Trap Competition.

It's time again for the Biggest Trap Competition.  :jive:

There's a slight change in the rules again this year so please read them carefully before posting.

1st Prize for the winner is a Dionaea of your choice from www.vftshop.com

2nd Prize is a Dionaea of your choice from www.cpbe.be

The competition is open to anyone worldwide but the prizes can only be sent within Europe.

The rules are:

A picture must be taken of the trap you are entering, without a ruler and immediately posted to this thread.

A second picture must be taken with the ruler, this picture must be saved and posted on this thread in the last week of the competition: Tuesday 23rd to Tuesday 30th September.

The picture with the ruler must be photographed with the trap parallel to the camera, with a clear plastic ruler (in millimeters) in front of the trap, the trap is to be measured across the side just below the teeth, the teeth are NOT included in the measurement. (No fingers in front of the trap please) Like this:

B52xShortT2012.jpg

Maximum image size of no larger than 850 x 850 pixels. Pictures must be taken this year. You can enter as many times as you like. Competition ends September 30th at midnight. The picture with the largest trap (that complies with all the above rules) wins.

Trev  :smile:

P.S.

If anyone wishes to offer a 3rd prize contact me.

Edited by Trev
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of people have asked how do they post images to the thread so here's an example:

Save your trap picture to your desktop, then open your browser and go to: http://www.postmage.org/   'Browse' to your image on your desktop and click 'Open'. Resize to 800X600, click 'Family Safe' and then click 'Upload it'. Scroll down the page to where it says ' Hotlink for Forums (1)' and click 'copy to clipboard'. Now you can post your image by simply pasting the code into the 'Reply to this topic' box at the bottom of this thread like this:

44mmtrap.jpg

Edited by Trev
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Abadei, I'm sorry, you have not complied with the rules of the competition and so your entry is disqualified.

A picture must be taken of the trap you are entering, without a ruler and immediately posted to this thread.

A second picture must be taken with the ruler, this picture must be saved and posted on this thread in the last week of the competition: Tuesday 23rd to Tuesday 30th September.

The picture with the largest trap (that complies with all the above rules) wins.

• 1 month later...

Corky, 1st prize is a Dionaea of your choice from www.vftshop.com , PM me and let me know which you'd like and your details and I'll get that sent out to you. Nigel, 2nd prize is a Dionaea of your choice from www.cpbe.be you'll need to contact him and claim your prize.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition. :tu:

Trev.

Edited by Trev