Drawings

Hello,

it's been a while since I posted something in the CPUK forum. But I'm back (more or less), because I wanted to share some of my colored pencil drawings! :smile:

7 years ago I already drew a few carnivorous plants, but when I began to study I had no time for drawing anymore. In February 2014 I finally decided to start again and drew something! Here are my newest carnivorous plant drawings on deviantART (= largest online art community):

sarracenia1a.jpg

campbelliana2a.jpg

I hope you like them! :smile:

By the way: The thumbnails have a weird white frame, because I use them for my homepage as well and with this the thumbnails look "sorted" in my gallery, because then they all are the same size ...

Best regards,

Nicole

• Like 4

Thank you very much! :smile:
I have a few more carnivorous plants on my to-draw-list (you can find the list on my devianART profile page: http://quelchii.deviantart.com ).

I thought that there was an old thread with my drawings, but I couldn't find it. So here are my old/bad drawings (2007-2008):

(these drawings are also in my deviantART gallery)
drosera1a.jpgdrosera3a.jpgnepenthes6a.jpg
nepenthes4a.jpgnepenthes7a.jpgquelchii1a.jpg
quelchii3a.jpgpetertaylorii1a.jpg

(these drawings are also on my homepage)
darlingtonia1a.jpgheliamphora1a.jpgheliamphora3a.jpg
heliamphora4a.jpgnepenthes1a.jpgnepenthes8a.jpg
nepenthes3a.jpgasplundii1a.jpgcampbelliana1a.jpgchrysantha1a.jpggeminiloba1a.jpgmenziesii1a.jpg
reniformis1a.jpg

Best regards,
Nicole

Edited by Nicole
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot! :smile:

I can't take a look at my old drawings anymore (especially the drawings that I've drawn with the old cheap colored pencils). They are just too bad... :oops:

Thanks a lot! :smile:

I can't take a look at my old drawings anymore (especially the drawings that I've drawn with the old cheap colored pencils). They are just too bad... :oops:

Yes.

I wish I could draw so terribly.  :)

• 3 months later...

It's time for a new drawing! :)

drosera4a.jpg

I hope that you like this inverted drawing. This technique (drawing a negative and invert the colours in Photoshop when it's finished) is very much fun to use.

Best regards,

Nicole

• Like 2