Sign in to follow this  
vincent

Nepenthes around Kuala Lumpur - Genting highlands?

Hi everyone,

I am going to Malaysia in few months, and I am wondering if it is worth staying in Kuala Lumpur for one night in order to see some Nepenthes around.

I was particularly thinking about Genting highlands. Did anybody went there recently? Is it still interesting to see ramispina, sanguinea and Macfarlanei?

Any tips and tricks to avoid getting lost in uninteresting place?

Hi Vincent,

You might have better luck trying out Cameron Highlands instead. I don't remember seeing too many Nepenthes over at Genting Highlands, but I do know that Cameron Highlands does have some nurseries which sell CPs, plus I know that wild Neps still grow at some areas, like at Gunung Brinchang(whether you can find them is another story).

You can also try asking about it over at the Petpitcher Forums(www.petpitcher.com), its a Malaysian CP forum. It may be the best place to ask since many of the forum members are Malaysians. Recent activity there has been very low though, so you may not get any replies.[Mods, delete or modify this line if I'm not supposed to mention other plant forums here]

Try this location

YG park nusery.

Address: No. 8, Taman Pinggiran Terla, 39010 Kuala Terla
Entrance is directly opposite Cameron Valley Tea House.
Office no.: 05-4982866, or 4983186 (Refer to Ms. Chong / Ms. Yonie)
Look for Kuala Terla on map.

Hi both!

Thanks a lot for the information.

Actually, I'm more interested to see plants in the wild than in nurseries.

Do you think going to Gunung Brinchang to see Nepenthes is feasible in one day?

I'm not familar with those area sorry. I only have this information as i plan to visit the nursery in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi tish,

OK, thanks. Just in case you have some additional information in the future (I'll be there in October), don't hesitate to contact me!

• Like 1

At the Cameron Highlands you should find N. ramispina, N. macfarnalei and N. sanguinea, id say also some hybrids. There are guided tours to Gunung Brinchang and yes its doable in one day. Genting Highlands should have the same set of plants, although far less accessible if you dont know the area.