Latest addition

Blocky71

Guest Olivermurray7373

Ahh was that the one that was on ebay last week? I was going to bid on it till I realised how much it was going to go for. Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it was, guess there'll be lots of comments about price, verification etc but I'd just worked all over the bank holiday wkend so had a few quid over !... I know the plant this was propagated from cost the owner £274.

Time will tell if it proves to be something special, I'm convinced it will anyhow ;-)

Thanks for your kind words folks, I love my Ceph's but just wish they grew at a better pace, that's what I'm hoping for mainly with this plant.

I've had a rough year and am not now living at the property where my other plants still are.

All I've been able to manage is the odd visit to top up the water trays when possible.

I couldn't bear to leave the ceph's though, they've come with me wherever I've ended up!.

Things getting back on track though and I'm looking forward to being reunited with my sarra's and vft's in the next couple of weeks.

I've not been on here for about 6 months either, good to see some familiar faces have kept the place in order, Ada, Peter...........

If that's your plant in your profile pic Oliver it's a beauty.

• Like 1

Carl, I think the plant is from this recent auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARNIVOROUS-CEPHALOTUS-FOLLICULARIS-TRIFFID-ALBANY-BLACK-/181382281997?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item2a3b39fb0d

On ebay, there is a few days delay between the most recent closed auctions, and their display in the completed listings search

Edited by pokie22

Pokie22 has linked the right auction.

Cephalotus clones are obviously a very debated subject on here at the moment, and rightly so, there are rogues that will assure you a typical is actually " something special" if it will increase the price.

I try to buy from as reputable sources as I can find, if that means spending a little extra then so be it.

I'm assured this division is from one of the first "triffid Albany blacks" that Andy wilkinson sold in this country.

I have no reason to doubt this .

If the plant turns out to be nothing out of the ordinary in my conditions then it will just form part of my collection along with the others, if it proves prolific and carries the traits then of course I'll want to share the plant with others.

Where did your plant come from Dave?

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have been following this thread with interest.

Just so you are all aware, all the traceable Triffid Albany Blacks that I have sold/parted with since they were first released have been supplied with a Unique Number which is known to the owners of genuine clones only.

If therefore, you have any doubts about the heritage of your Triffid Albany Blacks, go back to the vendor and ask what this unique ID number is.

If you then email me via my Triffid Nurseries email address, I will be able to check through my records and hopefully, validate the fact that you have a descendant leaf pull from a genuine TAB clone.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have been following this thread with interest.

Just so you are all aware, all the traceable Triffid Albany Blacks that I have sold/parted with since they were first released have been supplied with a Unique Number which is known to the owners of genuine clones only.

If therefore, you have any doubts about the heritage of your Triffid Albany Blacks, go back to the vendor and ask what this unique ID number is.

If you then email me via my Triffid Nurseries email address, I will be able to check through my records and hopefully, validate the fact that you have a descendant leaf pull from a genuine TAB clone.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

How many buyers haven't got the unique number. When I paid you by paypal on 18th September 2012 I have never had this number. I wonder who else is in the same boat .

• 6 months later...

Mainly for you Wozzen as you'd asked but also as i was taking pics for another thread, here's an update of my plant 6/7 months after I got it.

Here is first pic again of how it arrived

4c9e400b089663d53f4eb1e54b4178ca_zps7924

And now 7 months on,

1fd413e1dd194f838df594b036f803ea_zpsfd00

Sorry I forgot to add the coin but hopefully you can see the new growth.

One of the happier ceph's from my bunch......

Hi Blocky71, nice plant very jealous it looks great, random question if I could?

What are you using for your labels? And do you use it on any plants outside if so how well does it last?

Thanks

James