Pinguicula Red Light dead...

FiloRp

Hi everyone,

Last year I bought a ping red light at the italian CP meeting.

Well, this winter the plant is ok, it doens't grow but in february it blooms. In march some leafs were rotting, so I decide to cut them. I put antifungal on it but nothing, the core became brown and now I removed the leafs to try some cuttings. 

Where should I put cuttings? Which type of substrate and light?

Thank you

You can ever use moist vermiculite for cuttings or equal quantities of pumice (I use Tesco dust free cat litter), sand, perlite and peat. Only lightly cover the cut ends of the leaves.  Keep humid (propagator or plastic bag) and bright without being cooked by sunlight.

You can ever use moist vermiculite for cuttings or equal quantities of pumice (I use Tesco dust free cat litter), sand, perlite and peat. Only lightly cover the cut ends of the leaves.  Keep humid (propagator or plastic bag) and bright without being cooked by sunlight.

But pumice has a high pH that would be dangerous for peat or not?

No it's fine for Mexican Pings. They're a different kettle of fish to acid loving temperate species.

A photo of the plant would help too.

definitely, mine have lumps of limestone rock at the bottom of the pot and some of the grit mixed with the soil for good measure. certainly hasn't done them any harm- look at my p. x weser :D

ChefCxS.jpg

No it's fine for Mexican Pings. They're a different kettle of fish to acid loving temperate species.

A photo of the plant would help too.

The plant doesn't exist anymore... there are 4.5 small leaves together but the core is brown and it's gone. No roots. I'm just trying not to loose this plant :'(

Hi,

if the leaves are white at the point where they're attached to the plant yu can put them on slightly wet vermiculite in a clear plasticbox and shut it, so humidity stays high. But if these leavetips look a bit brown just throw them away. Nothing will grow anymore :(

Cheers Marcus

Well, i use tray method but my mix is 100% mineral and i always keep a bit of water in my tray. As i see you live in Italy(as i guess you have warm weathers) then maybe keep a bit of water in the dish too.

Well, i use tray method but my mix is 100% mineral and i always keep a bit of water in my tray. As i see you live in Italy(as i guess you have warm weathers) then maybe keep a bit of water in the dish too.

Warm...yes, it was like summer two weeks ago and now it is like autumn...rain rain every day.

I have pomice, but I do not know if it is right to use here.