Heliamphora not flowing anymore?

Jonathan F.

Hi all

I have some Heliamphora that was growing on a window sill and flowed four years on a row, but now they grow in the glasshouse for now over three years but they have not flowed at all and grows a lot slower for me.

They are growing with nepenthes which thrive for me all year. Can someone tell me what mite be the problem with my Heliamphora?

I'm not very experienced in Heli culture but feel I should ask if you are shading your greenhouse at all. Someone once said to me if they're flowering then they're getting enough light.

Yes I do some times shade the glasshouse as my nepenthes burn it is about 50% shade, So I mite give them more sun.

FTH , yes in  my experience here in AU , the more sun with cooler temps you can give them the  better  they will flower, in  the wild they get very intense sun ,but very cool temps dew to  height above seas level   they grow at , by trying to emulate these conditions , you get colour , growth and flowering in most cases, full to 75% is what i give mine .,they flower in very early  spring and Autumn to mid winter here for me  .