Nepenthes fusca x robcantleyi pic

Mark Anderson

Cheers, yeah i can post a pic of the whole plant, not much to see tho, this is the only pitcher at the moment, a lot of my nepenthes where moved out of a terranium last winter after I had been away for a month to find my electric wasn't on so no heating and light while I was away so decided to move everything to windowsills as the few test plants that where put out a year before where doing well, the rest of the plants went onto windowsills with no acclimatisation and are just getting going now. I'll post the pic tomorrow as early start in the morning and hitting sack now.

Mark

Edited by carni grower

Ok I was being a lazy git, seems the plant is hanging in my bedroom window, so here's a couple of quick pics.

1905ee5b1c5179f1eeb32b858f963081.jpg772ab8174d21558ea91d0c26523f8141.jpg93bb52acfa2621476296fc607fc55113.jpg

I've had that in the bathroom until a month ago when I moved it to the bedroom as it was getting lanky so more sun was needed, looking forward to the next developing pitcher to open as I think it will be larger with the increased light? Funny my sanguinea, x bill Bailey and ventricosa x robcantleyi are all doing well on the bathroom but the fusca x robcantleyi likes it a lot brighter not surprising I suppose as both parents are epiphytes. My bill Bailey is just starting to make uppers very soon just there already coiled themselves around support and just starting to inflate pitchers as the tendril lengthens from the coil, the sanguinea had just finished flowering and first upper is inflating after no pitchers for a while, it just started making pitchers again since it started flowering, and the v x r is starting to pitcher nice with big jumps in pitcher size since spring.

Mark

Edited by carni grower
  • Like 1

That is a lovely healthy plant, very good! surprised that it wasn't dead when you turned the heating off, with this absolutely rubbish summer, no sun, no light and very very wet! Thanks Oliver Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..... And very cold! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers oliver, thank you for the kind comment, I'm going to get pics of all my plants very soon and start a thread for all of them. Yeah I was lucky with a lot of them after the disaster with the terranium no heating no light as it's fully enclosed with a 125w envirolight cfl above it so didn't even get any light what so ever, and all my nepenthes were in there bar the sanguinea, bill Bailey and x ventrata, also all my Orchidioides utrics and some drosera. So it really was a lucky escape.

Mark

Just looks better, and better. I haven't seen many growing this hybrid, which is strange as it looks very promising. Really like the pitcher colors. Mine is still small, and doesn't seem to be the quickest growing. Maybe it is being outcompeted by the more vigorous spectabilis x platychila in the same pot.

Regards,

Christer

My robcantleyi does better than most neps as a house plant, it pitchers on every leaf but now pitchers are 8 inch or so it only puts about 4 out a year. How large are the pitchers on yours Oliver? mine pitchered more regularly when smaller, I'm wondering if they slow down as they get larger , cheers

I might try my robcantleyis as house plants then. I can't say they are  extremely slow, but the leaves don't increase in size the way I want. They are from the first and second seed release, and seeing other peoples plants from later releases being much bigger is frustrating.

Regards,

Christer

I have 3 robcantleyi all somewhere in the region of 25-40cm in diameter. Robcantleyi is a cvery forgiving species and although a slow grower it is easy to grow. I looked closer at the picture of the fusca x robcantleyi, and I seen that it is still in its little netted pot. These were introduced a while back 2011 or 2012 or something, by Borneo exotics. They have now got rid of the small pots, and just send them bare root. I have three plants in these little pots, all were absolutely hopeless growers, I managed to take one out and the plant is doing much better. The plants don't like them when they get big. But Mark has done an excellent job so, I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers oliver really appreciate your comments, same with everyone else as you all grow stunning nepenthes, yeah mine was purchased in 2012, I did remove all the other net pots from the other be plants but this one had lots of roots woven into the pot, it does seem to be growing as well as the ones I removed but maybe it would be better with out it. Here's a couple more pics

a08ef493bf95344014721d31c9b4f8a9.jpg76b4706bb37f1ba34f02a86889484ad6.jpg2ec5afdebfb3283c7c26aa52be79c6eb.jpg

Mark