Three Open Days in One Weekend!

dennisB

Hi Folks

these three open days are being held in June here in the sunny south west.

John Jearrard - Saturday 21 June - 5 to 10pm

A fabulous sarracenia collection.  Must be seen to be believed!

Address:  Carn View, 46 Lanner Hill, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 6DA

An evening barbeque is provided.

Dennis Balsdon - Sunday 22nd June 2014   -   10am - 5pm

The main attractions are good pinguicula and heliamphora collections but there are two 12 x 8 and one 8 x 6 greenhouses stuffed with CP's as well as numerous cold frames, mini bogs etc.  There will be many plants for sale/swap and I hope that other people will bring plants along too.

A buffet lunch (including pasties) will be served by my catering manager

Contact Details:

Address:  13 Stella Road, Preston, Paignton, Devon, TQ3 1BH

Email: [email protected]

Home >> Events

Ian McKay - 22 June 10am to 5pm

I have a 15 x 28 foot unheated greenhouse planted out with various plants for tropical butterflies, (bananas, passion flowers, aristolochias etc) that live and breed in there during the summer months.  This greenhouse has a lean-to split into two 20 x 6 foot sections, housing my Sarracenias and separate highland and lowland areas housing my extensive Nepenthes collection.

Contact Details:: 

Address:  148 Goodrington Road, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 7HQ

email:   [email protected]

We hope that as many people as possible turn up.

cheers

Dennis

Guest paul y

im hoping to make it, im trying to tie in my wife and son staying in paignton for the weekend whilst I look at plants they can play on the beach.

if not I am looking for anyone traveling from the west country (its that part of the uk that somehow makes us all sound like farmers!) who is looking to share travel costs,

regards paul

• 2 months later...
Guest paul y

hi everyone hope we are all well.

if anyone is heading to dennis and ians open day in devon this weekend and is traveling through or near Bristol and fancies giving me a lift in exchange for a big contribution to petrol then please send me a pm

many thanks in advance paul

Guest paul y

so do I Richard, mainly so I can give away a load of d capensis!  I am tempted to get the train down as its only £45 for the return but then I have to pay for taxis to and from the addresses and I also have to change trains at Exeter and you can ask ian and Dianne how much I carry home, trust me its a lot.

plus I would like to meet a few more people put names to faces, make a detour to poke fun at garys beebum and take him some sperm whale spunk for his sunburnt toes!

so to reiterate my offer, big fat wedge towards your petrol and when you drop me off in Bristol I will have black bamboos, dahlias, penstemon, iris etc etc etc all free of charge as a big fat thank you for driving me about.

regards paul

Are you hoping to go to John's too Paul? I was at Gary's about 3 weeks ago and will be going back again next month hopefully.  I'm temporarily living at my mother's in west Cornwall as she needs care at the moment. She's trying to sell her house there so she can move over to Ireland and live with me.

Guest paul y

I only wish I could do johns evening as well but that would mean even more taxis, somewhere to sleep etc.

read my posts above if you are going and want to give a man a lift

Guest paul y

hi dennis unless a family member steps in to look after my son its very unlikely I can make it, thanks for the offer of a lift its really appreciated

thanks again take care paul