Disappointing order from czplants and bad after-sales service.

Hello,

I would like you to be informed of how my last order went with czplants.com. I'm not used to complaining very much about the plants I receive usually, and always happy to praise the good service of sellers, but this time, I'm really upset and disappointed. I just want to share my frustration.

I ordered for a total amount of 107.92 EUROS for the following plants : D. prolifera Adult, N. northiana 4-6 cm, D. adelae, D. regia 8-12 cm, DM. akai ryu, D. binata var. multifida f. extrema - (Evans Head), D. brevicornis and D. darwiniensis.

But, what I have received is definitely smaller than what was claimed and is not worth it : diameters of D. regia and D. prolifera hardly reached 3 cm and N. northiana had diminishing leaf size, but overall, was clearly not healthy.

As I think the first step is to try to sort out issues by email with the seller, before coming here, I told him that I did not find normal nor fair to send smaller plants than announced, and that the N. northiana would surely be passed away in a short time. I asked him to have my plants replaced. I did pay for a service, and in my view, I'm in my own right to claim for it.

He told me that the D. regia would reach 8 cm in summer. Well... I think that all plants are meant to grow up, and I do hope that most of my plants will be 2 or 3 times bigger than what they are currently, but I paid for a 8-12 cm plant, and not for a plant which was supposed to be 8 cm in the future. I can deem it's more or less wintertime, but I have my own limit in wanting to be scammed too.

About D. prolifera, he told me that I could get an adult plant with my next order. I paid for an adult plant at this time, and I personally do not appreciate this, as commercial as it could seem. D. prolifera is an easy grower, why did he not send me an adult plant in the first place since I'm pretty sure he has a lot of them ?

About N. northiana, he said that he did not see any problem with it.

Ok, here are the pictures :

This is a N. northiana from czplants, 24.99€ :

14032809523315547512106004.jpg

14032809525315547512106008.jpg

14032809524315547512106006.jpg

This is a 8-12 D. regia from czplants, 19.99€ :

14032809524715547512106007.jpg

This is an adult D. prolifera from czplants, 9.99€ :

14032809530015547512106009.jpg

If you think this is correct and matches the offer, it's your choice, otherwise, be aware of this kind of inconvenience with this seller, who, by the way, is a sponsor of this forum

Edited by Jardimanche
  • Like 1

I often received plants for this company, always big and healthy with a very good aftersales service. I dont know what happenned with your order, but i agree, the plants are not in good shape.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Czplants plants are usually very small. I used to buy fron them but since the price is high and size so small... nah. I hope you get refunds since that northinana looks like its in the brink of death :(

those plants are tiny and the northiana looks dead already,in my opinion they should have informed you they were out of stock and asked if you would mind smaller plants at a cheaper price or  offered you two smaller plants for the same price if this was acceptable to you,but the northiana is a different matter,no one would accept that,good luck and i hope you get a refund 

I have never used the seller you talk about but it appears they have sent you sub standard plants to what they advertised.

It is good that you bring this to the notice of all of us on the forum so we are aware of their poor service to you.

Hopefully you can get your money back as Yuri has pointed out,or they will feel guilty and replace your plants free,then we can all read how good they have been about your poor service.

OR we can stop others from buying inferior plants at high prices from them unless they change their ways.

ada

If those are the same photos of Northiana as you sent to CZplants and they said they see nothing wrong with it, then that's just unbelievable ! :shock:

You are perfectly within your rights to claim a refund or replacement. Take it up with Paypal if you get no satisfaction from the seller first. If memory serves me correctly, i believe you are able to attach photographs to your Paypal claim, so make sure to send them the same photographs.

This seller is very well known for selling plants smaller than what's advertised this as been happening for years . I wouldn't ever buy from there you can get better deals elsewhere . Also I have heard that they have been selling old seed I don't know if this is right or not .

Hey,

That is definitely a poor order. I don't know whether the other plants were looking good at their arrival, but these ones are clearly not like one can expect from such an advertisement.

I would suggest you to follow the good advices you get : try to be refunded either from paypal or from czplants if they show up.

I haven't met any troubles with them yet, but this kind of event doesn't encourage me to buy from them anymore :(.

Hello,

Unfortunately I had the bad idea to pay directly on the Cz website. I'll wait and ask the seller (again) a gesture of good business sense (with attached pictures and the post's link)...

I hope he will change his mind. I will keep you informed on the progress of this order.

Seriously, im very surprised about your bad experience. Half of my plants are from czplants, and each time i put an order, the plants where big and healthy with a lot of bonus plants.

I know you are frustrated about the situation, and its normal. But i suggest you to wait before bashing czplants in public, im pretty sure your story will have a good ending.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Maiden

I'm not the kind of guy to make a fuss! After several emails exchanded (2 or 3 after the order's reception) and after 2 weeks of waiting for an answer, I decided to alert the CPUK's members about this seller. I know this is not necessarily the case for everyone (fortunately), but I just wanted to share my frustration and what can happen with this seller.

Edited by Jardimanche

When I ordered from CZPlants a couple of years ago I too was unimpressed by the size, quality and condition of the plants supplied and by the time it took for my order to arrive. However, although in the end I didn't need to, they seemed reluctantly willing to replace those plants that didn't make the transition (If I sent them back).

Even though I might be tempted to buy from them again myself, I would not feel comfortable recommending this seller to others. 

Sellers need to be honest about their products (there are those who will happily buy smaller plants if they know that's what they're paying for) and be careful about complacency in the service. A few dissatisfied customers could quickly spell disaster in the age of the internet. 

Hi all, I recieved my czplant order about an hour ago and have posted pictures here:

http://ocps.proboards.com/thread/6077/new-pings-czplants-ehlersiae-jaumavensis

These are my first pings so I cant really comment on the size and condition with authority, but it looks like I got 4  P. jaumavensis for the price of one (if they all make it) so I'm pretty happy about that, even though I thought they would be a bit bigger. Considering their 9 day voyage to Canada I think they arrived in good shape.

The P. ehrlersiae is barely 2cm (was supposed be between 2-3 cm) but it looks healthy to my untrained eye.

All told I am satisfied with my order. However had I recieved the N. northiana in the original post, I would have been upset.

Just read this thread and wanted to say, everyone who's ever grown a Nepenthes knows that this northiana is dead or very near to it. The regia looks very unhealthy too. This of course can happen but the company must solve such problems. Have you sent the picture of the northiana to them? If so, their reaction is very rude.

Let us know if they solved this issue

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i'm nervously laughing.. What i thought that i was going to get from them was actually an other shipping from Tchek Rep. (this one arrived verry well :) )

So at the end i've contacted CzPlants to see what was about my order, and i'm still waiting some feedback... 

How funny  :coffee: