<p>Hi guys, i am a bit of a novice when it comes to setting up terrariums but here is my plan. I recently knocked up a frame and plopped some glass in one part, the rest i will be boxing with 6mm plywood. I plan on sealing it all with oil based paint and silicone for all the edges. on the top pannel i will secure it with hinges and mount lighting on it (most likely a t5). Here is a pic of the frame so far.   IMG_0243_zps53586e8a.jpg   what do you guys think? i plan to grow my highland nepenthes in it when its done. Its approxmatly 105cm long and 65 cm tall, the glass pannel is small as i only wanted it for occasional glimpsing.   Any suggestions or questions would be appreciated :)</p>

I dont think pine will last long in a warm moist atmosphere, even painted. I think the paint will quickly crack as the wood expands. Once the moisture gets to the wood it will quickly deteriorate.

Are you planning to use artificial lights? If not I think just one side letting in light will not be enough.

Hopefully wood itself wont be exposed to the humidity, i plan to seal it pretty completely. i will be usinf artificial lights, like i mentioned i will start with a t-5 and maybe change it if needs-be.