Where to get Nepenthes at a good price

Nepenthes Lowii

I had some stuff from carnivoria- no problems. nice plants, nice prices. I second carnisana, fab prices, the plants are quality and the service is second to none.

seeing as you're in the US try andreas wistuba's store- he has US distributors so you should get things a bit more reliably and with a lot less trouble- you'll need phytosanitary and CITES certificates if you're ordering outside the EU otherwise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have ordered from Czplants.com, but it was pricy. The reason I want to buy from places in EU is that most places in the US don't have thing slike jamban and plants that. Some places are cheap, but they don't have what I want. They do every now and then, but other that that, they don't. My two places that I order from a lot are CaliforniaCarnivores.com and Petflytrap.com.

Personally, Carnivora.eu is my first choice based on my last orders. All plants were in good shape and started to grow quickly (no like some of czplants...)

Hi,

I don't have pictures of when I received them, but here is how they look like after about 6 months. Leaves have doubled in size, at least. I did not observe any delay before they resumed growing, in opposite to some other vendors. I guess they were very well acclimated already.

Left: macrophylla, right: hamata.

macro_10.jpg

Something else I have to mention is that the communication was always very efficient with the vendor, which is very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi,

I don't have pictures of when I received them, but here is how they look like after about 6 months. Leaves have doubled in size, at least. I did not observe any delay before they resumed growing, in opposite to some other vendors. I guess they were very well acclimated already.

Left: macrophylla, right: hamata.

macro_10.jpg

Something else I have to mention is that the communication was always very efficient with the vendor, which is very much appreciated.

I personally reckon that communication is the most important point of any seller- certainly it's for me, why carnisana have been my favorite seller so far.

Question, do they ship to USA?

The more important questions are:

- are you willing to pay for shipping & phyto certificate? (& remember to convert Euro to USD). If you're new to this, you're in for a bit of a shock

- do you have the permit to import Neps into USA?

Yes, I have permits.

You have both 587 & 621?

BUT, they did not require a phyto certificate.

Given the risks, you may want to further your education on the requirements of legally importing these plants. It is not the vendor who requires the phyto, it is the US government. The vendor really doesn't care as you will be the one paying the fine, not them.

There are several threads regarding permits on the various forums - here's one on ICPS that you may want to peruse... (especially the post by killerplants)