White stuff on roots

Gringo

Hello

I'm writing this to ask about one thing which I noticed on some of my helis. when I repotted some of the plants, I noticed some white stuff on the roots, especially near the places where the leaves are attached; and on the Sphagnum moss beneath the pot.. It's hard to capture it on a picture, but here's what I managed to take:

r6h4.jpg

3sfd.jpg

sny0.jpg

Do you think this is something to be worried about? Some time ago I found some root mealybugs on my plants, but managed to kill them all. I repotted the plants and washed the roots twice in BI58 & Karate solutions. Since almost 3 months I haven't seen any bug alive! Anyway, I've heard a theory that this white "powder" can be root aphid's or mealybug's eggs. Personally I think it's just some harmless fungus, but I think asking more people will get me the best answer ;) What do you think about it?

Best Regards

Mateusz

Guest paul y

magnify it by the order of 50 and it will be apparent if its eggs or not, to me it looks like a  fungus of some sort, a dilute solution of h202 will get rid of any fungus and you already know how to deal with eggs

Mealybugs tend to have some bluish green color in with the whitish strands. Not sure, but I think I see their normal coloration in the photo... Mealybugs look like aphids, but are covered in fungus, which makes no sense to me.