How to make this one resume growing?

vincent

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with my H. minor minor Giant Auyan Tepui.

It stopped growing about 9 months ago and I don't know what to do to make it grow again...

kick it? Shake it? Put some vodka in the pitchers? Put some heavy metal music?

Conditions: 12-15°C at night, 20-25°C during the day. Strong LED light 12 hours a day.

All my other Helis are growing fine. It's just this one that is sleepy.

img_6311.jpg

Any idea?

Edited by vincent

I see it flowered not so long ago...if so, you might wait a while until it starts growing again ;) Nothing unusual. Flowering consumes a lot of plant's energy, so it needs a while to recover

When did you cut off the flower? Depending on the plant my helis need up to several months (some do quicker, some are terribly slow), but after that I've never had any problems

• 4 weeks later...

Hum...

The situation doesn't improve at all.

img_6516.jpg

I have cut the flower about 6 months ago.

I'm hesitating to re-pot it, since it would be an additional shock for the plant. Any idea?

yes some times they just dont want to get going , i see some new growth  there i  think at  the base of  the still live pitcher, ,they are very hardy , and i would give it a boost with  a re pot in early spring ,i think, that is what i do  for stub-bone  plants, usually works, ,it may need a good root clean as well ,could be  bug or some thing in  the mix hindering its progress , you never know, wash off the roots get dead & old roots off, and wash with clean water inspect and treat if needed, with fungicide or what problem has accoutred, re-pot  and let settle for a few weeks  ,usually works  ,

I got tired of waiting!

Out of the previous pot, cleaning, re-potting.

Looks like an healthy plant to me, except that it doesn't grow...

img_6517.jpg

often a change  of  spot can encourage some activity as well, the plant looks  ok  , so  it obviously needs some  thing to encourage it to  get going again,  weather it be  light, temps,  fert , new mix ,often just a change can trigger some thing , its all a bit of  trail  and error when  they just stop, happens here a lot as well , with  various plants, and i just try a few things as stated above,  normally its out weather that causes it here  excessive heat in summer