Hello from Chesterfield!

goatslegs

Hi

I've been fascinated by these things since I can remember, like spiders (for which if there is a fascination, it is very very morbid) they appear so alien! I am a complete and utter novice though, only now am i taking a serious interest in it. I have at this very early stage, a venus flytrap and a pitcher plant of some species or other, probably a saracenia hybrid. I bought these late last year and have made the mistake of not overwintering them. They may pay harshly for my ignorance! For the love of these lifeforms please help!

Ashley

Welcome to the fold.

I doubt your plants will suffer, many of my own don't seem to think it's winter this year, it's been so mild. So far in the greenhouses I'm on a minimum of 2.4C.

• Like 1

Welcome Ashley. I went to Chesterfield once on holiday to a friend's place. Lovely town. I loved the crooked church spire and the market.

As a beginner see if you can get hold of a copy of Peter D'Amato's The Savage Garden (the new edition). It's indispensable for newcomers to the hobby. Also, pay a visit to the International Carnivorous Plant Society site (www.carnivorousplants.org) as there's lots of grow guides on there.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. That's a relief, i was reading everywhere how vitally important it was for their long term health....might get away with it then. Good! I'll see how they get on. Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll order that now. Great to be here! Cheers!