Well I thought my little seedlings may have been done for as I spotted fungus gnat larva in the moss... I have been removing them by hand with a pin (a losing battle) then to my joy the air cavalry came to my rescue in the shape of predatory mites clinging to the belly of an adult gnat.

Photo0598.jpg

Now have seen them in the moss so just hope are making a meal of the larva.

there is a product called gnat off made by growth technology, I have never used it on cps but it destroys larvae in days, it is a bacterial inoculation you water in, I have no idea on ph, or its tds or ec so it may have some food element to it,

in short it has worked on every plant every time I have used it, high concentrations of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) also work on all soil pests.

growth tech also make bud rot stop which deals with botrytis very very effectively (rhs are a bit out of touch with fungal products)

what does fungus knat larvae look like? I have recently found some small, clear ball saped things in the tops of some of my pots and have no idea what they are.

How small -large (about 2mm diameter?) spheres in clumps could be slug eggs for instance.