Nepthenthes health

Bee girl

Hey,

My nepenthes has been acting strange, its leaves are going grey and are a bit floppy in places, I have been watering it as normal but I have moved it to somewhere with less light, could this be the problem?? We have moved house and some parts are a bit darker, would I be better off moving it to the bathroom. I have re-potted it also as it needed it.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Is it cooler? Generally as much light as possible (especially in winter) is the way to go. Floppy leaves could be a sign of root problems/rotting especially if its got cooler/darker since moving. I would suggest moving to the warmest lightest spot you can find and extra humidity in a bathroom/kitchen might help it recover too.

i think if you are watering as usual and its in cooler darker conditions it will not be growing or needing that much water,that could lead to root rot,i water my plants that are on the cool window sill with poor winter sun less than in summer for this reason

Edited by corky

Yeah, winter's not a good time for Neps. This time of year they need as much light as they can get and really won't need much water, though central heating can dry things out and reduce humidity quite a bit. Somewhere brighter and more humid (perhaps give them a bit of a misting from time to time) might do the trick.

Mark