Sign in to follow this  
TCurrell

Favourite Dionaea

This year i am planning on imporving my VFT collection as i only have a few types. My favourite personally is the "coquillage" because it just looks uniform and neat if you get where im comming from. What are your favourite clones and what would you suggest i get for my collection?

Personaly I love "Vlnka" (also known as "Giant Clam"), "Jaws Smiley", "Green Wizard" and many others ! "Coquillage" is a great clone, you should have a look to "Alien". It have been discovered by the same guy Guillaume Bily. In fact I love all of the venus fly traps :laugh2:

Coquillage, Vlnka, B52, Southwest Giant, Red Dragon, Dracula, Bohemian Garnet. In fact I wouldn't know when to stop writing.

Bohemian Garnet and Jaws smiley have caught my eye i have to admit, that SL seedling looks nice too. I have to say i'm not a fan of wacky traps though they just look diseased to me.

My favorites, Dracula, Pet Teeth, 12 teeth...

Which SL cultivar is this one? I have some SL003 x SL003 seedlings growing, just wondered if this is the same?

SL-Seedling doesn't have any number, it came from some seedlings that I got from Stefan Lessen in 2005.

Edited by Trev

Yes, SL Seedling is a plant on it's own. As can be seen from the pictures ,it's a handsome plant with a few distinctive features, it's also vigorous and can get as big as any other large form, could you ask for more ?

Fused teeth, Angel wings and mirror are pretty cool vfts...

Edited by Mad_Botanist

If you are looking for a big one, ginormous is the new largest, larger than b52...

Edited by Mad_Botanist

The "Ginormous" exists only in USA right ? I agree the "SL Seedling" is just wonderful ! Richard is right it is impossible to stop wrighting there are so many venus fly trap wich are incredible !

I'm also keen on the fused tooth or fuzzy teeth sort too, that's as deformed as I'm prepared to go.

Are there any stable varigated clones or are they all due to virus'?

You have the choice, it is according to your taste

'Alien','Bohemian garnet','Scarlatine',The master of disaster','Red micro teeth' etc...