Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Botanist

Hello for the US

Greetings all o the great people of this awesome forum! I am a High School carnivorous plant grower (can't find many out there) an I have been growing carnivorous plants outside for about 2 years. I grow them on this little table in an array of trays that hold them. But they are all pretty much dormant now :( and the ones indoors appear to be in suspended animation (anyone have an answer?). I am glad to be a member of this forum and be able to contribute to the discussion!

Edited by Mad_Botanist

Welcome to CPUK. What are you growing indoors that you're concerned about? It's quite common for suspended animation this time of year.

• Like 1

Welcome to CPUK. What are you growing indoors that you're concerned about? It's quite common for suspended animation this time of year.

The plants i am keeping outside are still experienceing normal dormancy, it is the plants indoors that are in the suspended animation (a bog garden with Sarracenia and some derosera, and some dionaea seedlings im growing). If it is normal, I wont worry too much! :)

Ha, i am a cp (manly sarracenia) middle school grower. I am going to highschool next year though, i started when i was in elementary school. What state are you in?

The plants i am keeping outside are still experienceing normal dormancy, it is the plants indoors that are in the suspended animation (a bog garden with Sarracenia and some derosera, and some dionaea seedlings im growing). If it is normal, I wont worry too much! :)

They still need their rest. Although it varies with Drosera depending on the species.

• Like 1

Ha, i am a cp (manly sarracenia) middle school grower. I am going to highschool next year though, i started when i was in elementary school. What state are you in?

California bro

They still need their rest. Although it varies with Drosera depending on the species.

Thanks!

Welcome, i am also in California, in Sacroemnto area, how about you?

Ahh lucky, near California Carnivores, I'm in LA, far from California Carnivores :( Have you gone there?

Ahh lucky, near California Carnivores, I'm in LA, far from California Carnivores :( Have you gone there?

I have been there 2 augusts ago, last january, and i went this january for my birhtday. It is a really nice place for cp's especially sarracenia

I have been there 2 augusts ago, last january, and i went this january for my birhtday. It is a really nice place for cp's especially sarracenia

Yeah, I was going to meet Mr. D`Amato in person at a LACPS meeting, but he became ill and couldn't come...I have talked to him via email for the project that got me hooked on carnivorous plants though. Hopefully I will meet him in person this year... I saw your grow list, it's pretty impressive, it looks to be 2x the size of mine...

Edited by Mad_Botanist

Nice, do you have a growlist? Thank you, he is very nice in person

No, but I'm trying too, I tried to sign up on Flytrapcare.com, but it hasn't sent me the conformation email yet, so I'll probably try later. Have your heard of the Sarracenia rhizome going on at the California Carnivores website? I'm planning on making an order this weekend...

I'm so jealous you've been to California Carnivores. I've spoken to Peter via email in the past and he's lovely. He's going through a rough batch at the minute as his mother, Nel, passed away a few days ago.