U.subulata

Seong Yeop Park

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow! That's impressive. I'm very fond of the little yellow airplanes whenever I see them in the wild. :)

I'm hoping that another of my plants came with a U. subulata. The stolons look correct, but I haven't seen any flowers, yet. Fingers crossed that it will be, and then I'll get some nice flowers like yours.

Oh wow! That's impressive. I'm very fond of the little yellow airplanes whenever I see them in the wild. :)

I'm hoping that another of my plants came with a U. subulata. The stolons look correct, but I haven't seen any flowers, yet. Fingers crossed that it will be, and then I'll get some nice flowers like yours.

good luck!!!! you won't fail to see many of flowers

Subulata are abit of a weed in most collections, but they can be shy to flower, and somtimes produce seed without a flower, there is also alot of variiation amongst them, I have 3 types, one is a brighter yellow than the other two (who are typical dark yellow) and the others are two differnt sizes, one flower is about 1cm wide the other is 1.5cm.

I have always found that my U.Subulata (like most plants) flowers more often when in intense sun, and will refuse to for me in dim light, unlike uliginosa and caerula whom love shaded conditions.

Subulata are abit of a weed in most collections, but they can be shy to flower, and somtimes produce seed without a flower, there is also alot of variiation amongst them, I have 3 types, one is a brighter yellow than the other two (who are typical dark yellow) and the others are two differnt sizes, one flower is about 1cm wide the other is 1.5cm.

I have always found that my U.Subulata (like most plants) flowers more often when in intense sun, and will refuse to for me in dim light, unlike uliginosa and caerula whom love shaded conditions.

definitely u.subulata likes strong sunshine but my caerula is to

I do have a couple caerula that originate from SE asia and open plains of Au that like full sun, but thats only 3 of my 8 caerula localities, the rest burn in full sun, my pale for example burns in full sun, even the flowers do, the good thing about the pale varieity is that its flowers are much larger than the typical caerula, the con is that it is very shy to flower for me.