My Nepenthes Greenhouse (Pics)

Nepenthesis

Hi,

Nice greenhouse and I always enjoy your videos. It's great to see someone with passion.

My wife wood say that you're obsessed... but then she says that about me and I have a whole terrarium dedicated to Ceph cultivars!

;-)

Just one thing and it is not meant as a criticism but for me it would be better if the music was set at a lower level so that your voice carried better on the vids.

Keep growing them Neps! J

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. I used to be have he same Pinguica variety 'Crispy Brown ' but it doesn't seem to grow so well now ;-)

Hi,

I love enthusiasts like you, really. Positive energy is everywhere on your films :) It's big pleasure to watch your production.

About spectabilis x talangensis - my plants also look little bit otherwise.

Michal

Thanks! I just hate watching boring plant videos, so I make mine funner... or at least I try to.

The pitchers you see are uppers... Here's a picture of an intermediate-upper, you can see the talangensis shape more...

33mxweo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice vid. Presumably you use a fresh 10c brush per cross?

It is a fairly obvious process, pollen to stigma, but I have never done this with Nepenthes and nothing beats watching someone actually doing the practical side of something like that. Excellent and informative.

Your greenhouse and plants have come on amazingly since you first started and it is inspirational stuff.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone like Paphiopedilums? Here's an update focusing on them...

Nice vid. Presumably you use a fresh 10c brush per cross?

It is a fairly obvious process, pollen to stigma, but I have never done this with Nepenthes and nothing beats watching someone actually doing the practical side of something like that. Excellent and informative.

Your greenhouse and plants have come on amazingly since you first started and it is inspirational stuff.
Cheers
Steve

Nope, I just randomly paint pollen on... But I've never actually had two males flowering at the same time as one female IIRC, so I've never had to.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...