Leaf cutting question

Hannahraptor

Apologies if this is a daft question. I pulled a few leaf cuttings a while back and they now have roots. They are currently in a slightly humid propagator tank but I just wondered at what stage it's best to take them out and put them with my adult cephalotus? Thanks

agree not silly at all , taking out and re potting pulling/ cuttings, can be tricky ,if that is what you are doing as well , if you are best to do in winter when there semi dormant , and try not to disturb the roots ,I like to take the soil/ medium around where the plant is , soil , media with roots and all and re- pot in to the next media ..

to re acclimatize , once again would do in cooler months when plant is slow grow or dormant or semi dormant most changes will be lessened or minimal .

Hi,

my metode:

leaf cuttig in destilled water. As soon as the roots are about 2-4 mm I put them in a pot with my substrae. Therefore I dig a hole in it. Just a little bit bigger than the roots. In a different pot I put a bit peat and add water to it till the peat is liquid.Then the cutting into the hole and fill it up with the liquid peat. This way the ittle leafs donĀ“t get hurt.

Harro

I had some leaf pulling that were pulled up by birds more than once this summer. They were left upside down with the roots baking in the sun and only 1 died, 3 are still going strong. I had 9 leafs put in the pot initally so it seems to me the ones that took must be pretty strong!!