Grolux fluorescent bulbs

i use "sylvania grolüx 18w t8" for some drosera. it was placed 15-20cm above from plants. and for drosera's coloration,i think, it is good enough, but you must not expect spectacular success :)

may be you can try "T5" or "T5 HO" grolüx fluorescent. they are better than T8 but more expensive too.

sorry for my english :)

Berkay

• 1 month later...

Carl sorry maybe a late reply I've just searched archadia upgradeable and it looks like what Im looking for! Can you confirm a few things just to clear things up. Because the end connections are loose can you use any length bulb that you require for my tank! Is this true? And how does it work? Do you plug it in like normal, fit the bulbs of your choice and away you go. If you could clear this up I would be more then happy. Thank you Stefan.

Edited by Mr green

you need a controller watt rated for the bulb, it will say on the box "lights 1 24 watt t5 etc" they are just plug and play and you don't need any extra kit unless you exceed 250 watt.

in Weston is a marine fish keeping shop go speak to them, they will be able to supply anything you need lighting wise.

you need a controller watt rated for the bulb, it will say on the box "lights 1 24 watt t5 etc" they are just plug and play and you don't need any extra kit unless you exceed 250 watt.

in Weston is a marine fish keeping shop go speak to them, they will be able to supply anything you need lighting wise.

t5 bulbs watt rating are determined by their length, longer bulb bigger watt, 24 watt 2ft 54 watt 4 foot, there are the u bulbs that output double the light for the same length (they are bent on themselves in a u shape so you get double the bulb for the same length,

I wouldn't over complicate this, 24 watt t5 are just what you need, message me exact dimensions of your set up and I will work out all the details for you,

Hi Paul sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! My terrarium is 3ft long 1ft 4" high and 1ft 1" depth! I've covered the bottom of the tank with hydroponic clay balls and on top of that I spread a layer of moss to create a nice humid environment. I'm currently using my lightwave t5 light set up with two bulbs and not four! With four lights the temperature inside the terrarium shot upto 35 Celsius but I've tinkered with it and it's now 25c during the day and 15c at night! If you could add anything that I'm missing please do! Thank you Stefan,

it will be difficult to raise the amount of light in there without increasing temps beyond acceptable range, and this is why I feel a purpose built hort tent is better suited to growing indoors, tents simply offer so much flexibility, if you want to increase light in a tent just increase extraction to match, you can run 1000 watt halide in a metre sq tent if you air cool the bulb,

greens hort sell little tents under a cubic metre, 75cmx75cm by 1 m tall isn't that much bigger than your tank, your lightwave all 4 tubes and a clip on fan for air cooling will be fine, upgrade the light to a 150 watt minimax and 4 inch ls ruck extractor and your pretty much optimal