Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo

My Portuguese Dewy Pine - Part two

After the troubles that have suffered with my brave Droso (to know what I mean just take a look here), see this as the same:

10928533484_bdb1f2a9ee_o.jpg

Detail of one of the new traps unfolding. Soon she will be able to capture winged insects.

11086788505_7c3e665726_o.jpg

As you can see it is fully recovered and, despite the behind in development, there is still bringing me much joy.

Until next time friends.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Edited by Rodrigo

Try to keep it in full sun, these plants are used to 40c days and love several hours full sun, my plants are happy in full sun from 9am-5pm, I also use a 30cm tall pot with a permanant 2cm water tray, my soil is 3 river sand : 1 Basalt : 1 peat : 1 spag : 1 pebbles, I have tried a few mixes and have found this the most effective, but for gods sake DON'T EVER REPOT, it will die from shock.

• Like 1

Adelae, i'm grateful for your concern for my carnivorous plant, but know now that that's OK with it.

The accident she suffered right from the beginning has been overcome, so that she is fully developed and the proof and the amount of winged insects which are caught by this plant.

Thanks again for your words, and if so, i wish you all the best for you and your culture.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Nice plant Rodrigo.

If i´m unable to grow something it´s Drosophyllum, i tried it two times and i lost them during winter.

Best regards,

Dani

• Like 1

Thank you for your comment Daniel, the same coming from an experienced grower like you just makes me very happy.

Now, to take this posting i make sure to show them some more photos of my Drosophyllum:

12602397893_ac2bae57cf_m.jpg12602298265_e759b1c689_m.jpg12602724654_264588a943_m.jpg

Best regards,

Rodrigo

After a long period without posting anything, here are two photos of my Drosophyllum:

14083638045_31dca359b5_o.jpg

The plant tried to bloom, but for adverse reasons aborted flowering. In contrast, this same five points sprouting and appears to be in full development.

14084134554_87aeab6dd0_n.jpg

Detail of the trap. It really is amazing how this plan unfolds its leaves and the most impressive is the number of insects captured by it.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

• Like 1

My Drosophyllum fell. Calm people, because the plant is OK. The same just searched "settle down" so that it could support the weight of four shoots that emerged in its stem, out the numerous insects that get caught in their traps. Below I leave a picture of him to better understand what I have related:

10300101_526247714146649_782789830381210

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Nice plants !

Several people said me that in culture the drosophyllum fall because it haven't enough light. It need to have 10 hours of full sun.

Mine fall also :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment Anthony and, seizing the opportunity, following another quick update of this topic:

14614048384_533dca285b_n.jpg

As you can see the plant is still going strong in its development, but already beginning to wonder if it would have been better not to have it housed in a larger pot. The worst thing is that you should not move on this plan, as she accepts not be replanted ...

14429511688_009de6fb19_n.jpg     14616125085_bf41ca3e50_n.jpg

The left is a trap unfolding and the right one can see how the substrate is formed where she's planted.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Really healthy looking plant.

I would do it as Stephen already mentioned, the other possibility is to cut only the upper part of the pot (1-2cm) and to put the old pot in a bigger one and than filling up with new substrate.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Like 1