H. arenicola (Tramen)

Gringo

Hi

It's hard to find any good photos of cultivated H. arenicola from Tramen Tepui, so I've decided to share some pics ;). maybe it's not the best quality, but they were taken in hurry. Hope you're gonna like it!

DSC01398_zps3c47fca7.jpg

DSC01399_zpsc333417b.jpg

DSC01397_zps382e6173.jpg

Best Regards,

Mateusz

Edited by Gringo
  • Like 1

I'd like to see this sort of coloration on H. elongata or H. purpurascens but as far as I know you'll never see this species being red in wild. Its leaves are always yellowish green which is the color I'd personally aim for :)

Ptaah, I agree with you ;) I'll move some of my plants under less light soon, to see the difference in colouration. Due to the lack of space now I keep some of my helis under stronger lights that i really intended to, in a back-up terrarium for small highland Nepenthes & Heli seedlings. Anyway, the plant looks amazing in pure red :D

Thanks for all the kind words ;)

While getting colour at is natural state is important, my impression of this colour dose not detract from the plant at all ,and will look as stunning with the natural colour or as it is now , either way your plant is stunning and worthy of the congrats for it .

john

Edited by snapperhead51