Sign in to follow this  
lucifer

Which clone

In addition to the topic of ada, here are some pics of ceph clones. Up to you to label them correctly. All are grown in the same conditions and soil. A small test to see if the difference can be seen from the pic.

2q0s.jpg

0n52.jpg

cxe2.jpg

Hello Pieter,

Looking at the background you certainly have lots of cephs,so they like your conditions.

Here's my go and i know nowt as we say here in yorkshire(it means nothing)

I'd say they are all the same clone.

ada

One and the same plant in 3 pics but what? :tongue:

pa210004_479e6_30999332.jpg

pa210023_95e7a_30999335.jpg

pa210019_d7545_30999333.jpg

Hmmm Dimitar ... could it be .... that I know the answer on this one? It is a nice Cephalotus indeed.

Seriously, there are many Cephalotus cultivars out there, but most of them have hardly visible distinct characteristics so people keep guessing which one they see on the picture without seeing its name on it. In my opinion giving new names to plant that look almost the same to the others is just ridiculous and causes much confusion.

Edited by Ptaah

Yes ptaah, indeed.

Until now, nobody guessed right. It are well known clones, not new 'cultivars'.

They do look different if you compare them to typical (a lot larger) but from pics it's hard to see.

Ada, what's your guess then?

Edited by lucifer

Pieter,you are putting me on the spot.

But i don't mind looking foolish :-)

I'll have to say german giant.

ada

Yes indeed. All 3 are dudley watts.

As you can see there can be a lot of difference between plants grown next to each other in the same conditions. There all cuttings of the plant I got from you ada.

mn8u.jpg

Very nice collection you have there Pieter, i knew all along that they were one clone.

I have the same thing here with some of my cephalotus.

ada

Yes indeed. All 3 are dudley watts.

As you can see there can be a lot of difference between plants grown next to each other in the same conditions.

It just goes to prove how much size and colour can vary in Cephs grown side by side in the same medium and conditions.

Therefore, can we call them all just Cephalotus folicularis now and stop the bickering and arguing ? :laugh1:

As a side note, my Typical, Big Boy, and Hummer's Giant are all grown side by side on the same windowsill in the same mix, and my Typical is so far the biggest and fastest growing. Go figure.

If there was a terrace football song about Ceph's, surely the words would be "There's only one Cephalotus. One Cephalohhhhhhh-tus. There's only one Cephalotussssssss." :laugh1:

I'll get my coat....

• Like 1

Well my giant clones (dudley, giant, german giant, hummers giant) are consistently larger then my typical. And you can see the differences but it's always hard to tell from some pictures.

Are you sure you have a real big boy and hummers? There are a lot of fake plants.

Well my giant clones (dudley, giant, german giant, hummers giant) are consistently larger then my typical. And you can see the differences but it's always hard to tell from some pictures.

Are you sure you have a real big boy and hummers? There are a lot of fake plants.

I had them from some respected members of this forum you could say, so i'm assuming they're the genuine article. Not that i'm trying to create any more controversy :laugh1:

I could upload some photos for the experts to check, but i'm honestly not that bothered. I'm just happy i have three healthy Cephalotus at last :smile: