irish moss

Hi

anyone uses irish moss with his/hers carnivorous plants?. I was buy from ebay irish moss seeds to use for the nepenthes, dionaea, drosera....etc. This moss is good for the plants or is damage?

Anyone knows alternative moss for use with the plants different of the "spagnhum moss"

Regards :shout:

rigin:

Sagina subulata is not a true moss; Sagina is a genus of 20 to 30 species of flowering plants in the family Caryophyllaceae (The carnation family).

These are flowering plants native to temperate regions of Europe.

This is what you have bought.

Because i was see in some pots of IKEA, that sometime sell carnivorous plants and in the tops they are covered with a moss, but the moss that usually appears in IKEA pots isn´t spagnhum is other moss, really i don´t know if they use irish moss or other kind if moss but i like how they rest in the pot... it seems how a fine green grass but also have some species of large red grass with a little capsules (i think spores) i was also looking for google for find this moss, but i read that this moss is typical of England..... :wall3: and here in Spain we don´t have this moss....and i really like the effect that they do in the covering the peat..i think it rest very nice.:)

Because i was see in some pots of IKEA, that sometime sell carnivorous plants and in the tops they are covered with a moss, but the moss that usually appears in IKEA pots isn´t spagnhum is other moss, really i don´t know if they use irish moss or other kind if moss but i like how they rest in the pot... it seems how a fine green grass but also have some species of large red grass with a little capsules (i think spores) i was also looking for google for find this moss, but i read that this moss is typical of England..... :wall3: and here in Spain we don´t have this moss....and i really like the effect that they do in the covering the peat..i think it rest very nice.:)

Sounds like a Funaria spp. They are very common here and grow like a weed in your pots whether you want them or not. They just appear after some time.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?noj=1&biw=1280&bih=818&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=funaria&oq=funaria&gs_l=img.12...5032.7325.0.8999.7.7.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.27.img..7.0.0.CDpeq3hwEMY

I havent checked but Im sure they are common to Spain as well in areas where there is permenant water, probably the higher ground, mountains etc. But the spores will be everywhere so Im sure they will apear on your peat in time if kept moist