what's it up to?

19Silverman93

This is my baby ceph,

4DLoPED.jpgI recently noticed this new trap appearing a little way off from the main plant, what is it? a new plant developing on the same root system? in any case I's also like to ask if it looks like it might be time to pop it in a bigger pot? it's stating to look mighty crowded at the edge of that little 5cm pot. if it does need re-potting, what medium would be best? obviously to minimise root disturbance it'll be a case of just slitting open the pot carefully and placing the whole soil& plant clump into it's new home together.

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Probably it is an off shoot from the main plant. Let it grow a bit before taking it out. I'd repot the whole thing in a bigger pot. A peat/perlite substrate will do the trick about 50/50 peat and perlite (just add perlite untill the amount of white pleases your eye)

Just turn the poy upside down and knowk on the bottom of the pot untill the plant slide out. Then place it in the bigger pot. Easy peasy. :smile:

Edited by Veek

thanks for the tips Koen, you know, I was looking at a picture of it when I first got this from you and I have to say I'm rather pleased with how it's come on since then :D