Tuber growing happy with capensis

snapperhead51

Looking through my plants often miss things because of just numbers of pots and plant growing all over each other. found this gem yesterday

a medium pot of D.capensis with D.stolonifera ssp.compacta looks like several stolonifera's in there

P1060110.jpg

P1060109.jpg

unfortunately D.capensis is a bit of a weed here in my grow areas. it gets every where .

I think that ssp. compacta has been redescribed as D purpurascens. Therefore, I don't think it's a case of mistaken identity at all. Anyway, very nice plant. Is it kept wet all year?

Yes Greg ,its been renamed D.purpurascens , by A.lowrie and co. in 200 5 or 6 I believe , have not bothered to change the name as yet .

yes it just grown out side 24/7 nothing special here , our climate is very mild so the plants just grow happy as can be :) very close to the native climate habitat as well so very easy for me .

john

Edited by snapperhead51

I don't know what it is, but it looks some what intermediate of all three: D. stolonifera, D. purpurascens and D. humilis. Maybe is it just the growing conditions...?