Mike King's open day, Saturday 12th of October

Mike King

Hi Everyone,

Just to remind everyone I am having my autumn open day on Saturday 12th of October officially at noon, but some will be already here on the Friday and no problem if anyone turns up early!

This year, because of the sun, the plants are putting on some huge pitchers already so I will be posing pictures here or on Facebook to whet your appetite. Also, the new Japanese cultivars are showing their true colours.

On the day, like last year, I will be dividing rare plants for sensible offers and there are quite a few plants left for sale.

Please let me know if you wish to come so we can get the right amount of food in.

Some people are coming again from overseas and if anyone is wanting to make a weekend of it and have the time spare, we could visit a collection or 2 near here on the Friday and on the Saturday night, a restaurant trip is planned.

I hope to see many of you here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a lovely trip to Mike's open day. It was a pleasure to put faces to names and Mike and his family were excellent hosts. Thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Thank you!

Edited by Multimammat

Had a lovely trip to Mike's open day. It was a pleasure to put faces to names and Mike and his family were excellent hosts. Thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Thank you!

We got there about 2.30pm and met several familiar faces. Brought some more nice plants from Ian and Diane, but didnt get to meet you Multimammat.

Just near churchstoke. Where abouts are you?

We are between Neath and Glyn-Neath, a place called resolven ironically in the vale of Neath nearer to Swansea than any other real place.

I just looked up Churchstoke and see you are not far from mike's but about 2.5 hours drive away from us, shame. (if you wanted to get away from the pesky relatives for a day we are home tomorrow) lols

Took a few pics. This was a popular plant

'Esme Cowlard'

10227234844_e827128008_z.jpg

Sarracenia 'Esme Cowlard' by gardenofeden67, on Flickr

Large flava!

10241344206_20cdf14130_z.jpg

sarracenia flava by gardenofeden67, on Flickr

Large leuco

10241361955_f12bb79fd7_z.jpg

Sarracenia leucophylla L2 by gardenofeden67, on Flickr

Interesting psittacina hybrid from the Japanese series....

10241396176_34a6c133d8_z.jpg

Sarracenia Japanese psittacina hybrid by gardenofeden67, on Flickr

And this is a bunch of Sarracenia seeds floating in one of the purpurea lagoons. Shows how the seeds are easily dispersed by water in the wild.

10241372125_165ff20bf1_z.jpg

Sarracenia seeds floating by gardenofeden67, on Flickr

Edited by gardenofeden

We are between Neath and Glyn-Neath, a place called resolven ironically in the vale of Neath nearer to Swansea than any other real place.

I just looked up Churchstoke and see you are not far from mike's but about 2.5 hours drive away from us, shame. (if you wanted to get away from the pesky relatives for a day we are home tomorrow) lols

Lol! I would love to visit thanks but unfortunately I think there are plans afoot!