Dracula young traps?

gardenofeden

Hi,

this year I also sold some Draculas. I would be very happy about opinions on the plants. Here is what they look like:

comp_2013-09-08%2019.26.34.jpg

comp_IMG_6245.jpg

comp_IMG_6243.jpg

What do you think about the plants? I think they are not fully coloured, as the plants shown were under artificial light for two month now.

Kind regards,

Michael

That one's a lot harder to identify. Plants grown under lights are more difficult - some lights seem to bring out the colour better than natural sunlight. Looking at those pictures though I think it's G14 X Dentate - it's a hard one to be sure about, the teeth look too close together and too long, especially on the less mature traps, also the traps are not as arched as much as I would expect, but it is mostly rosetted.... that could be the conditions it's being grown in, I'd like to see it after a year in a greenhouse to be 100% sure.

Thanks for the clarification Trev. I guess I'll need to relabel my plants and try to contact everyone who has obtained one from me, which is quite a lot of people. Ugh. I'll offer everyone who purchased this mislabeled plant the "real" Dracula for free when I'm able to obtain one and get it propagated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has been a very interesting discussion to review. I had no idea that there is one or more fake Dracula clones being distributed, and the one I grew, which I commented on in the second post in this thread, was evidently one of the fakes. Its leaves were more upright and thin than the Dracula in Trev's photos. And Trev, your photos of Dracula are stunning, really beautiful.